A3 1.8 turbo exhaust help

munkyman

Reaction score
Hi all. The exhaust was blowing so I took it down to kwik fit. They told me it's the centre box/pipe needs replacing and quoted me £80 fitted. In about 6 months or so I'll probably upgrade the exhaust to a performance one likely to be Milltek.

My question is, is it worth me getting a standard centre box fitted from kwik fit now and then being able to fit a Milltek backbox when I'm ready?

Or would I be better getting a Milltek centre box for now if it's even available?

Any help is much appreciated.

i would go for a cat back system now. your going to replace it in 6 months time anyways so why bother paying for it twice. its a once in a life time purchase.

Don't have the £300+ to get one right now so would like to know if I have other options....

if kwikfit quote £60 your more than likely gonna halve that at a decent garage, and most likely not gonna have a smeggy 'pretend' mechanic picking faults in your other components when he won't have a clue what hes talking about

Kwikfit = Robbin feckers and crap mechanic/sales staff

if kwikfit quote £60 your more than likely gonna halve that at a decent garage, and most likely not gonna have a smeggy 'pretend' mechanic picking faults in your other components when he won't have a clue what hes talking about

Kwikfit = Robbin feckers and crap mechanic/sales staff

That's cos they ain't mechanincs. Just jumped up fitters who think they're mechanincs...

The original plan was to do it myself so I called German and Swedish to see how much a centre pipe/box is and they quoted £50 + vat so I thought for the sake of an extra £20 I may as well get kwik fit to do it and I get a 3 year gaurantee with it as well.

Does this not seem a fair price?

how bad is it? can't you get some of these exhaust putty and try to fill in temporarily?

yes, you can get a Milltek one for now and get it fitted.