Soon to be new S3 owner, yet another question about more power...

Painey

Reaction score
Hi,

Great forum this and this is my first post, been reading for the last few days on what to do with the car I'm due to be picking up at the weekend. I'm changing my S6 for a 2001 210 S3 and I'd like to modify it a little.

As I said I've read lots of threads on this already but I'd like some advice on what to do. The car already has a BMC CDA intake system and a powerflow quad exhaust with, I'm led to believe, replacement free-flow cats. I was planning on having it remapped as I tend to think even a 225 car (which I've driven) is a touch underpowered. I've read on here that 210/225 cars remap to pretty much the same power?

What I'd like to know is would the S3 I'm getting respond well to that with it's current modifications? Also, what would be the best remap to go for? Plenty of options out there, Revo, Custom Code etc and lots of them talk about stage 1 or stage 2.

Also, do you think it would be a good idea to fit the replacement recirculating vale thing from forge motorsport, excuse my lack of knowledge on it but those in the know will be aware of what I'm talking about - thoughts please.

What I'm after really is some recommendations on what would put the biggest smile on my face, without having to upgrade the turbo and spend a fortune.

Cheers - Chris

Welcome to the forum mate... I'm supprised whoever did the mods on your car didn't think to get it remapped, I would get a custom remap/stage 2 to make use of the mods already on the car...jabbasport our a good tuning company, really it depends where you are in the country...a decent company will recommend changing the diverted valve for a forge...

yup CustomCode!!....and still using the standard DV:beerchug:.... im still unconvinced of the benefits of changing the DV to a Forge item, for me its a sales tact, although there are lot that have done it...... my OEM one has lasted over 12 months now and costs £20 to replace if it were to go - you pays ya money etc

I've read good things about Jabba but I live just north of Brighton so it's be a bit of a drive. TC garage in Copthorne near Gatwick are Revo dealers who can remap it, alternatively F1 Brighton can do a custom code remap.

I take it they're both fairly similar or would one be noticeably different from the other? What I do intend to do is have the remap done specifically to the car, not just a generic map that's loaded on and then just "hope for the best". Custom Code stage 1 seems to be like that.

I think I'm right in saying that both the normal Revo map & Custom Code stage 2 are both done specifically to your car and therefore I'd hope would take into account the intake/exhaust system already fitted. Anyone any ideas on this?

Lastly, would fitting a replacement forge DV actually offer any performance benefits or would it just be likely to last longer?

Thanks for any advice, so many questions that I've no idea about!

Cheers - Chris

performance DV is only supposed to last longer under higher boost.... thats the theory, im yet to suffer a failure on the OEM part

performance DV is only supposed to last longer under higher boost.... thats the theory, im yet to suffer a failure on the OEM part

Tim whats your quarter mile times again :eyebrows:

Revo remap rocks and change the DV.