arggggg! A3T alarm problems :(

Haris

Reaction score
Website
www.xenhosting.com
Recently my alarm led in the door lock thigies (sorry dont know english name for it) that flash stopped flashing....................i have checked all..opened / closed everything a couple of times and re-locked doors but they wont start flashing...what else can i check? Maybe they where never enabled? Because i never paid attention to it to be honest...just saw it now....please give me a few tips to check whats up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

no sadly not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

If i had it would get rid of some more annyong things...is this the only way to check it?

(ps...ill post some pics of my preciousssssssss soon...when the rain stops lol)

hmmmmmmm - not entirely sure to be honest....isn't there an alarm sort of enable/disable button on the pillar between driver seat and rear seats? try pressin that - I think ya need to hold it down liek for a few seconds before it enables or something - this may help? worth a shot!

Rob

[ QUOTE ]
Haris said:
ps can i download an english owners manual somewhere?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmmmmmm - not sure I can't get a pic at the minute, but ang on - I'll take a pic of my manual for ya - 2 secs dude!

Rob

ya won't be able to read it on here - but if ya right click the image then click properties then copy the Address (URL) http:www.audi-sport.net/blah blah blah and paste that into a new broswer window - you will be able to see it full size - any probs, let me know and I'll help ya out bud!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ok great thanks alot! I will ttry it tommorow and ill post the results here...too late and too tired now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for the pics...i have the manual..but its german lol..my german is not so good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I could not wait and decided to check it now...but i was not able to find it......sorry dude...im dumb /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I think i need a real pic of where it is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ahh thats cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Appreciate it alot! Take ur time..its late anyways /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ill check the thread tommorow then...cheers!

can't find one at the moment - if ya follow your front seatblets down the pillar - you'll see the switch - just a little square button, half way down the pillar or so.

Rob

yep, its easy to find, just look on the pillar as Rob said, press it then lock doors, should work then! PS Its on the drivers side

Haris,
Its not hard to find maybe you haven't got it. It is on the drivers seat belt pillar its a small square button. I'm pretty sure though its only to disable the internal sensors for the alarm and shouldn't affect your flashing LED's on the door buttons.
Doesn't on the A4 anyway.

No, it does affect the flashing pins, ive done it before you will have it mate.

Ill try and get some pics in a minute

Ok i definatly dont have that...CRAP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I guess its gonna be a trip to the dealer where they will charge me too much for a 1 minute job /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But i appreciate your help alot!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Haris said:
Ok i definatly dont have that...CRAP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmmmmmm - I wonder why not? ask them why it doesn't have it or where it should be! tell them you know it should have something like that button (maybe then they will not try and rip you off!!!)

ur welcome for the help bud - anytime!

good luck!

Rob

Hey Haris,

I'd be really grateful if you could post metioning what the dealer said they'd done to the car to sort it out?

I've got a pretty similar alarm problem at the moment (HERE) but I'm physically unable to get it to a dealer any time soon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I hope you get it all sorted without too much stress! I'll be sure to let you know if I figure something out on mine which might help you.

Regards,

Rob.

Hey,

Yeah sure i will..altough i do not think i would take it to an Audi dealer cuz of 2 reason....1 they charge way too much...2 i did not buy my car at an audi dealer...i will however try to ask at a few different places...maybe even visit the dealer who knows...as soon as i have figured whats wrong i will let you know!

The button on the b pillar is only for disabling the interior sensors. You press this if you want to leave your windows open or leave children and animals in the car.

When you lock the doors after pressing the button, the alarm still works on the doors, bonnet, boot etc.

If you don't have this button and you have never noticed the LEDs flashing before, then I suspect that you don't have the Audi alarm fitted at all.

That would be crap..ill have it checked...if it indeed has no alarm at all...ill have 1 fitted...the place where i live the most expensive car was a ford fiesta from 1993...it isnt anymore..i think i will be needing an alarm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif