Replacing N249 valve: Cost?

Andy_S3

Reaction score
As title really, I have had this fault coming up on Vagcom for sometime, the car has been running perfectly but now im getting a slight hesitation when slowly accelerating when the engine hasnt yet warmed up.

Just wondering if anyone has had this replaced and if so how much am I looking at including fitting. Thanks.

Andy,

Did you manage to get this resolved as mine has developed this problem. I thought it was the DV so I changed it, then the coils then the MAF and it still does it.

When you changed the N249 did it solve it?

Thanks

Chris

I've had this issue for a while now, changed the n249, n75, maf, temp sender, dv, cleaned throttle, coil packs, spark plugs and its still doing it, put it on vag com few weeks ago and it came up with a lambda fault so could be that at fault.
You could do the n249 bypass to see if it is your n249 at fault, saves you buying a new n249 when you might not even need it

Thanks Sandip,

Yep I find this a little annoying as it gets you thinking about further damage it may be causing in the long run. I will do a search and maybe try the N249 bypass test and see if it cures it.

This method of elimination can be costly I might add...the problem I find is that certain issues do not even get flagged up by vagcom hence the process of elimination on certain replaceable parts.

With regards to the lambada if you can let me know if this cures the problem it would be great. Is it noticeable on yours when its cold in first and second gear and sometimes third and it may happen once when she is warmed up every now and again.

Thanks once again.

Chris:)

It happens every morning with mine, i always let it run a little while before setting off, just until the temp reaches 60oC then i'll drive steadly with no boost till it reaches 90oC, i find with mine m.o.t emissions is a struggle, have to take it for a good drive before testing,
Not sure which lambda i'll have to replace as there are two, pre cat and one after, both around £100 form Audi:sadlike: I'll give gsf and eurocarparts a go i think lol

should be the front sensor at fault the front lambda sensor does the fueling the rear one makes sure the cat is working in easy terms so with most running faults the 1st sensor is the faulty one 95% of the time

is it fault 17608 ( boost pressure control valve N249 mechanical malfunction ) you guys are getting?

I scanned a friends car and got this but he says it drives fine.