S3 Common Oil Leak Area's???

AudiS3Quattro

Reaction score
Hi,

For the past few weeks I have noticed my low oil waring light keep flashing/beeping on, so I topped the oil up straight away, then within the week the light appeared again and I needed to top the oil up.

I cant see and traces of oil under the car, on the floor (as there isnt a belly pan/sump cover) or any where around the engine.

Any help would be appreciated with reguards to common places to look for leaks, and help to fix the problem.

Thanks

Pad

how much oil did you put in and what grade ??? Audi claim that they can use up to 1 ltr per 1000 miles. I changed to a 5w 40 as I used a little 0w 40. Did you just put some in or did you check the level on the dip stick ???

I topped it up with half a litre of 5w 40, i never checked the level untill the seccond time the light came on and it was below minimum. again i topped it up with another half litre of 5w 40 oil and the light came back on today. havent checked the level today, but I am guessing it will be below the minimum mark, Its just such a strange situation, becuase if the light was coming on and there was still loads of oil in, i would put it down to faulty oil sensor, or put it down to a leak, if the oil was low, but I just cant see any were that the oil maybe coming from, especially that amount of oil.

could it be possible for the oil to only leak whilst driving, resulting in loss of oil, and no oil marks on the ground when i am parked?

pad

the oil light is supposed to be quite l;ow on the S3 from what ive read so 1/2 a litre may not get it to the bottom of the dip stick, I always top up to the top of the dip stick mark so id try that and monitor the oil level using that over the next few days.

How many miles between top ups ???

As for the leak while driving Id expect you to see some traces of the oil somewhere on the engine, talkempower can be a good way of tracing possible oil leaks.

yer I could meyby give that ago and top it right up, mayby 500 miles between top up so using half a liter of oil for 500 miles of driving.

whats talkempower?

thanks for the help!

pad

HaHaHa, :lmfao:no problem.

Ok Thanks for all your help matey!

Pad

A worn tubro can cause high oil usuage without ant detriment to performence. As long as you keep an eye on then you wll be fine. My A4 1.8t used t use a litre every 500 mils ish before i changed the turbo

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: NOT WHAT I WAS WANTING TO HEAR! lol al just keep an eye on it but thanks everyone for the held and advice!

Dont know if all s3s are the same but my dipstick cover snapped due to the heat. This give me a bad oil leak

Interesting, I've done ~6000miles since my oil was last changed last July, and I've put a total of ~1 litre in during that time. And I check it every week or so...

My bike uses ~1L/1000miles.

Cheers,