JMB RetrofitsChris Nott

Thread: NO POWER !!!

Neutral

Status

NO POWER !!!

HI Guys my baby jus let me down again. I have an audi A3 1.8T and was coming home, stop at the lights, the lights turn green, taking off and the car stalls quickly starts up but started getting massive vibration and no power, any time i put my foot down its just vibrate and no power. can anyone lead me in right direction as to was the problem is i was thinking exhaust but not sure as anyone ever had this problem?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Monkey Trainer

Status
    Sounds like a coilpack failure or possibly the MAF (does the car run the same with it unplugged?), the first stop is to get the fault codes read.
    A3 1.8TQS: Supersport Springs and Shocks, Xenons, BMC Filter, 18" OEM TTV6's, Bailey DV, N75J and Phase 1 Custom Code.

1st Gear

Status
    sounds very like the same problem i had when a coilpack went. forgive me if im wrong only had my s3 5 weeks so im a noob

6th Gear

Status
    Is the engine management light comming on, I think it should come on if a coilpack is faulty...
    revo'd

4th Gear

Status
    yes the engine management light will come on if you have a faulty coilpack. It basically is a yellow square. Best thing to do is buy one coilpack, start by changing one coil pack, take it for a run. If the problem continues, try the next coilpack with the new one. Hopefully you will sort it by this process.
    2002 225 S3, metallic black, REVO, 18" RSTT alloys, goodyear Eagle F1s, silver leather heated seats, tinted windows, H&R spacers, black diamond grooved discs & Ferrodo DS2500 pads, BOSE system, xenons, forge DV, samco TIP & upper boost hoses.