Chris NottMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Question Does this sound like a coilpack problem?

Hi,

Tried getting a fault read out from my 97 a3 and for some reason it refuses to connect or is incompatible with OBD2 for some reason, so im playing a guessing game at the moment with an ongoing issue im having...

The car is lumpy at idle and, although it's not always noticeable, a slight dip in power can be felt when accelerating at high speeds. It's most noticeable when the car is starting, it'll sometimes take 2 goes to get it started. It doesnt come and go, a misfire is always there come rain or shine...

My mate suggested it may be a coilpack problem (coolant temp sensor, ht leads and spark plugs all being replaced previously in vain to try and sort it out), just wanted a few more opinions before I go chucking any more money at it.

Does this sound like a coilpack problem to anybody else or is it something else? Any replys are greatly appreciated as im at the end of my tether lol

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    what car is it? engine?

I think you need to run a proper vagcom scan before starting to buy any new items and replacing everything
    ^^ In my opinion

Reverse Gear

Status
    1.6 AKL engine..

I have tried connecting vagcom and other diagnosis tools from snap on etc. and nothing wants to know for some reason...