should I have a temp display on A3 1997 1.8???

• Thread starter imported_bayliss
  • Start date
I

imported_bayliss

it seems to have the room on the dash where the manual says it would be displayed, but not sure if it's standard on the 1.8???
anyway I can finid out if it's there (and not working) or just does not exist??

cheers

Depends what you mean by Temp Display .. ambient outside temp or engine temp..

Engine Temp is a dial next to the fuel one .. and I believe this was standard..

The ambient temp I believe was part of the optional Driver information System (DIS).

Hi,

When I bought my car, it did not have the outside temp function on the dash. Asked the local dealer about it, and they plugged the car into VAG-COM and 'switched it on'.

From what they said, if your cars got climate control, it's just a setting which needs to be changed. I'm not sure if non climate cars will have the sensor or not.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I do mean the outside temp, and don't have aircon - so is it worth a trip to the dealer (or specialst)??

No Idea what they had to change on VAG-COM. I'd try popping down to your dealer and see if they can do it for you. Mine didn't charge anything. Who says miracles dont happen!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

probably you can't because you don't have temp sensor if you don't have air con, however, on my 1.8 y was deactivated and i activated it with vag-com, very easy job.

Ambient temp and pressure is require for the engine on turbo models.

Not sure about non turbo models.

You can quickly check if you have the sensor as its located in the black plastic part of the front bumper.

My 2000 A3 tdi sport has no aircon, but does have the temp display. I bought the car 2nd hand so don't know if it was std or an extra.

My service light wouldn't reset using the procedure in the hand book, so called local dealer, and they reset it free, even though I serviced car myself!!. Perhaps they are going soft /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

i have a 1998 1.8 sport and it doesnt have an ambient temp display though if you check the ETKA is is a part you can buy and install into the cluster, it doesnt however tell you how to wire it into the car LOL

hhhhmmmm could be worth investigating........ the plot thickens

I Have Vag-com, Which settings do you change? I know i have an outside sensor because i can bring it up on the climate control panel.Cheers

Hmmm.

Long story made short, i bought the car 1.6 Sport 2000reg, it had the external temp display on the DIS. But the dash dials didn't illuminate so the whole dash computer got replaced (at dealers expense not mine). When it came back it had no external temp display but it was a few weeks until i realised this :blush:

Is it worth a trip to the stealership to see if they will/can switch it back on?