Remap Trouble - HELP :(

RyanS3TT

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I got my car remapped this morning.
The bloke and his advert say its around a 45bhp increase (on average).

We took my car out for a pre drive and I had approx 155bhp.

(downpipe/airfilter)

His partner made a custom map for my downpipe and airfilter and they loaded the software on. i took it for a drive afterwards expecting it to be alot quicker.

And... it just wasnt?
it doesnt seem much quicker at all.. theres the odd time on the way home it felt abit pokey, between 70-100mph.
But if im honest I dont want the power there.

The bloke told me to clean my Throttle Body, and check my Maf.

I done both and took the car back out.
It made no difference. the car still feels weak.
it feels like when i floor it in second the same feeling you get when you wheel spin a bit in the rain.
Like the cars holding back....
It accelerates to around 2300rpm. then accelerates at a much slower rate.
Like somethings stopping it.

The blokes said I have 7days to ask for my standard map put back on
So i thought id check on here first.

Anyone else ahd this problem?

Thank in advance guys. Ryan

Hello everyone.
it feels like when i floor it in second the same feeling you get when you wheel spin a bit in the rain.
Like the cars holding back....
It accelerates to around 2300rpm. then accelerates at a much slower rate.
Like somethings stopping it.

Just to clarify.
I get pulled back in my seat til around half way throught 2krevs and then it just stops..

and accelerates slowly :S...

I got the map done on a deal for £150.

But I am not really impressed at all..

Can anyone help or shall I try and get my money back go with someone else.

Thanks, Ryan

I'd get my money back, he should of tested your maf etc... Before he even mapped your car, I take him up on the refund and go to a well known company...you should notice the difference in power straight away...

Huff...

I thought so, when my mate had his golf rempaped, it was deffineatly noticeable.

Where as my car just feels limp.

Like nothings changed.

Any good yet not reallly expensive companies?

Huff...

I thought so, when my mate had his golf rempaped, it was deffineatly noticeable.

Where as my car just feels limp.

Like nothings changed.

Any good yet not reallly expensive companies?

R-Tech in Hinckley have good reiews mate. Mines more than likely going to them soon.

I'm biased towards Jabba to :) however there are some gd companies that'll come to your door for just under £300 I believe...if you do a search they'll be plenty of info to help you decide, first of all though I'd get the car returned to standard and go from there...

I'm biased towards Jabba to :) however there are some gd companies that'll come to your door for just under £300 I believe...if you do a search they'll be plenty of info to help you decide, first of all though I'd get the car returned to standard and go from there...

Yep, get it put pack to stock ASAP and get your dosh back. Doesnt sound right to me at all. I was in my mates mapped 1.8T MkIV Golf the other night, same engine as my A3 and it was much quicker. No other mods apart from a Forge 007. Seemed to have much more grunt off the line and loads more mid range.

I contacted R-Tech after reading loads of good reviews about them and they quoted £250 to do it on my drive, bit less if I took it to them too.

Not had it done yet so cant offer any other opinion other than I've read some good reviews about them and everyone seems happy with their work.

T

Crisis over :)

I rang the bloke and eh asked em to check one more thing before i decided to bring it back.

I checked my maf again, and plugged it in, and N75 valve.

I dont know what it did buy taking these off and putting them abck on but i started the car and straight away there was no bouncing revs, and the car responded so well.

boost right up to redline, and felt great.

Vagcom plugged in.
estimated 198bhp :)

It was ECUEvolutions.

they had a special offer on when I asked from £400 to £150.

Drove the car last night and when clear to do so i floored it again, and I cant help but smile.

Im happy with the results.