Volks AutosChris Nott
    Audi-sports own special child.

Status

Will An Audi TT Tip Fit A S3

Will an induction hose off an Audi TT ATC model fit a Audi S3 APY model, i know warleydaddy said in my group buy thread that the turbo inlet side of the hose for the TT Tip was too small but would it be possible to enlarge it using a heat gun etc or does the silicone hose's not respond good to this!

Dan
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

2. # ADS
    ADS

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    you can use an adaptor if necessary.
    ^^ In my opinion

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    This is to counter the collapsing intake pipe on high boost I guess?

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    i still cant see the pipe collapsing even after buying an aftermarket TIP.... unless the air filter is providing a restriction more than normal.... you hardly ever hear of the circumstance, utter tripe
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    has been known mate on mapped cars, awesome had an actual video of this happening to show why it needed uprating to stronger materials
    I know after mapping my s3 back then, I had a small silicone pipe always popping of, so stuck a much better jube clip on & that held it, but before the map it didnt bat an eyelid so must have added some serious pressures/vacuum etc to the system on map to knock this of, but maybe it was with a stock filter/box, I uprated my to a CDA anyway
    I can see your point but it did seem to make a difference to mine as less restricting aswell, only problem is the APY stock intake pipe had different pipe positions to the uprated one so had to mod the forge with extension silcone pipes & tubes to make it fit, worked perfectly
    I couldnt fault forge as a company as they sent me all the parts free which was a test mod for them aswell, impressive, this was in my early days of mods & tuning parts when I knew feck all & maybe not so much more now, lol

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    yup know what ya saying mate, forge still have that very video on their website.....

obviously this part is mainly subject to vacuum, mine hasnt budged and i would be suprised if it did.... just curious as never actually seen anyone on here have a problem that was solved by changing the TIP...i know some of the other tips were weaker, i do stand by though that my modified tip is not as strong as the item i took off.... although the OEM item was different to the one i took off Jimmehs x plater so they may have modded it when they facelifted...

just cant see unless the air filter is properly blocked how it can cause that much vacuum....
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Its weird cause when I changed mine, the oem one had bloody metal rods supporting the damn thing, I couldnt see how it could fold, it did seem better though, but still these rods were fairly robust so to suck the pipe in would of taken an act from god tbh, lol, but think the oem one was little restrictive aswell, so was worth swapping.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by NHN View Post
    has been known mate on mapped cars, awesome had an actual video of this happening to show why it needed uprating to stronger materials
    I know after mapping my s3 back then, I had a small silicone pipe always popping of, so stuck a much better jube clip on & that held it, but before the map it didnt bat an eyelid so must have added some serious pressures/vacuum etc to the system on map to knock this of, but maybe it was with a stock filter/box, I uprated my to a CDA anyway
    I can see your point but it did seem to make a difference to mine as less restricting aswell, only problem is the APY stock intake pipe had different pipe positions to the uprated one so had to mod the forge with extension silcone pipes & tubes to make it fit, worked perfectly
    I couldnt fault forge as a company as they sent me all the parts free which was a test mod for them aswell, impressive, this was in my early days of mods & tuning parts when I knew feck all & maybe not so much more now, lol
    So did you have the APY None-Esp engine mate?

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Yes mine was APY, there was debate if ESP was on stock tbh just wasnt switchable, still not definitive tbh, I do miss that car man.

Status
    was it a 2000 model? Its just im desperate to put a silicone tip on my s3 but i just cant get one, ill try anything haha. So what did you end up useing? hoses, clips etc? Thanks for the help

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    APY is APY mate, 99-00, what you mean you just cant get one, just buy one from forge mate, get the extra piping & bits from them aswell I reckon, dont know where you are but if was near to me I'd fit for yer.

Status
    So what just buy the one that fits the BAM/AMK models? Its just i thought i couldnt has mine hasnt got the ESP button on the dash so i presumed it doesnt have it so that would mean i wouldnt be able to use the Tip that fits the BAM/AMK engines or am i wrong?
    I live in south yorkshire

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Ah becomes clear now given forge's comments about esp, I actually fitted that pipe thats made for facelift & moved/modded pipes to fit it correctly, everything worked perfectly for me, its only cause pipes are in different places, some pipes stretched to the new pipe locations & some required a small extension fitted.

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/con...oduct=FM225IND

Status
    Yeah do you get me now, so once reading that it i instanstly presumed it wouldnt fit mine, the only thing is when i emailed forge about a Tip they never suggest using one of these and modifying it.
    So if i phone forge up on monday NHN will they be able to provide me with the BAM Tip and all the necessary hoses, clips etc to fit it to my car?
    Is that what you did or did you just find out the hard way when you had the Tip off?