Looking at a new back box...

A3-sport

BOSE
Reaction score
... for my 1999 1.6 Audi A3...

Firstly, my A3 has got a standard backbox on it (with the downward twin exit) but seems really noisy - blowing etc. But when I cover the tail pipes you cant hear it blowing anywhere down the exhaust or out the box?

Anyone know whats going on with it?

So anyways, Im looking at getting a new one to try and sort this and looking at something like the S3 has...

Found some guy selling a Scorpion Back Box off a rover 215gsi... dimensions are as follows...

the box:
14in long
5in high
11in wide

tail pipes: 7 in long

pipe:
18in long
2 1/4in wide

Anyone know if this will fit mine???

I can post pics if needed...

exhaust1.jpg

exhaust2.jpg

exhaust3.jpg

exhaust4.jpg

exhaust5.jpg

not sure if this will fit. You really need to get under the car and check yourself. Can't say from pics imo

hhmmmm - really want a standard twin exit ss one off an Audi lol. Anyone know where I can get one? Do motor factors do them?

Just get one for a VW MK4 golf. You will need to trim your rear valance to make it look like the S3

Wouldnt bother with any of that personally.

Why dont you get a custom job done? Will only cost about 100-150 You can choose exactly what tailpipe where it sits and how loud/quiet you want it.

At least you'll get exactly what you want...

Jason

Well tbh im just looking for a standard part that looks better and sounds better than the standard 1.6 back box. Ie twin exit S3 one etc