central locking fault!

G4GAN

A3on18s
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if this was a common fault and if so anyone could shine some light on to my problem.... basically the central locking wont activate/deactivate the door locks so i have to use the key which will only open the drivers door. when i use the key, the unit ( by the sub i think?) still makes a prolonged noise but nothing happens. it also sets the lights off flashing unless i press the unlock button before i use the key. Any ideas?

thanks guys

andy

:greyrs4:

Sounds like a fault in the pump or an air leak in the tubing. It maybe that a tube has popped off, try listening to it while you activate it (yes it is under the sub), maybe you'll hear a leak?

Sounds like a fault in the pump or an air leak in the tubing. It maybe that a tube has popped off, try listening to it while you activate it (yes it is under the sub), maybe you'll hear a leak?
thanks mate, do you think it will be hard to get at?

I'd try reaching through the sub access door, the pump is incased in a thin layer of foam so should be recognisable by touch, but I think you might end up having to remove the boot trim. I've done it a couple of times (alarm and Andymac sub:rockwoot:), ment removing rear seats and panel first.

mine does this, but when i put the key in the ig nition the other door unlocks. If so then it sound like you might just need to get the key re-coded so it works with the remote central locking.

Mate
This defo sound like your central locking pump. Its a pain trying to get a replacement the dealers want about £300.....:sob:

disconnect it and blow in the pipes you should see the locks moving, this means you dont have a leak!!!!

But if it is the pump make sure you get the same part number as they do vary....
good luck

Ams

Thanks guys will have A go at it tommro and let you know how it goes..
:greyrs4: