Volks AutosBadger5
    A3on18s

Status

central locking fault!

Hi, just wondering if this was a common fault and if so anyone could shine some light on to my problem.... basically the central locking wont activate/deactivate the door locks so i have to use the key which will only open the drivers door. when i use the key, the unit ( by the sub i think?) still makes a prolonged noise but nothing happens. it also sets the lights off flashing unless i press the unlock button before i use the key. Any ideas?

thanks guys

andy

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi OCD

Status
    Sounds like a fault in the pump or an air leak in the tubing. It maybe that a tube has popped off, try listening to it while you activate it (yes it is under the sub), maybe you'll hear a leak?

A3on18s

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lucksta View Post
    Sounds like a fault in the pump or an air leak in the tubing. It maybe that a tube has popped off, try listening to it while you activate it (yes it is under the sub), maybe you'll hear a leak?
    thanks mate, do you think it will be hard to get at?

Audi OCD

Status
    I'd try reaching through the sub access door, the pump is incased in a thin layer of foam so should be recognisable by touch, but I think you might end up having to remove the boot trim. I've done it a couple of times (alarm and Andymac sub), ment removing rear seats and panel first.

1st Gear

Status
    mine does this, but when i put the key in the ig nition the other door unlocks. If so then it sound like you might just need to get the key re-coded so it works with the remote central locking.

Neutral

Status
    Mate
    This defo sound like your central locking pump. Its a pain trying to get a replacement the dealers want about 300.....

disconnect it and blow in the pipes you should see the locks moving, this means you dont have a leak!!!!

But if it is the pump make sure you get the same part number as they do vary....
    good luck

Ams

A3on18s

Status
    Thanks guys will have A go at it tommro and let you know how it goes..

LinkBacks (?)

1. 2nd July 2012, 16:56