Denison gateway 100 - price gone upto £139.99 ??? Is this right?

GT130

Reaction score
Guys,

I was checking these out months back and I swear they were £90 (even through Halfords), checking on line now as I want to purchase and they seem to be £139.99 - is this right?

Anyone know of the cheapest place to source them from or should I but on line at £139.99 ????

I have the six disc in dash cd - is that the symthony 11 ??

Really looking forward to getting the i-pod working !!

Thanks for anticipated help !

Cheers
:blackrs4:

Thats the site i found but it re-directs to another site where the price is 139.99 gulp....could have sworn they used to be 80 odd quid - maybe that was just the orig 'ice link' !!

Any ideas ?

Thats the site i found but it re-directs to another site where the price is 139.99 gulp....could have sworn they used to be 80 odd quid - maybe that was just the orig 'ice link' !!

Any ideas ?

Check out eBay, there is a store in East London that are selling their stock on there, although it just says Audi IPOD interface, and when you read the description, it will tell you what model it is.

i paid approx £110 from ipoddirect late last year.... they have reconfigured them so you arent just limited to the first few playlists.... although in hindsight i would rather have the parrot device which gives you a colour screen to search for songs and a nice hidden ipod....

infact if you want to make me an offer.... i would consider as i could sell my current parrot bluetooth and buy the one i really want :)

Bought the 'Audi i-pod' connector off E-Bay for £59 incl delivery - it seems to do exactly what the DENSION does (FF/REW, access to playlists) and is connected in the same way via the autochanger output so can be hidden in the glovebox.

Seems plain daft that DENSION has gone upto £139.99....

(Famous last words as just ordered and therefore not recvd/tested !!)

Cheers

nice one GT...... hope it works as stated mate, wish id tested some others now as the Dension isnt brilliant, your effectively working blind and based on your knowledge of the first track of each playlist....

Yes we will see 1animal1, from what i can see it's the same functionality as DENSION...

Perplexer - i think the 300 has additional features, not sure what mind !

Cheers

I think we are going to see a lot of things shoot up in price like this. Importers have been holding prices despite the £ plummeting last autumn whilst they had stock they'd bought last year. Now stock is costing 20% more to buy in it follows that things are going to jump up in price - and that goes for everything that is imported.

A mate runs an outdoor shop and the clothing for next winter which they ordered at the turn of the year is going to be a lot more expensive than the equivalent last year.

Back on topic!

I had a Dension which had a current drain fault on it - so ended up with a £60 Connects2 unit off eBay which works just as well for half the price.

Ive got the unit through and attached the main block but there is a lone black wire, instructions are complete rubbish (no written what so ever), any one used these - anyone suggest/know what i need to do with the black wire - im guessing it would be blue if it were a power on type so must be additional earth that i attached to a screw on the back of head unit ??? anyway not working at moment so i guess i need to do something with the wire????

Ive pm'd the seller off ebay but id like to get it done today without putting the unit back into the dash properly - hassle to get the thing out in the first place !!!

Help lads !

Just replied to your pm - as you suspected, it's an earth wire. Connect it to the earth on the back of the radio.

funnily enough thats the only instruction dension dont supply.... what to do with the single stray wire

cheers guys. i took the plunge on the day and attached to a screw on the back of the head unit and hey presto......instructions were lacking to say the least !!!

Thanks for the pm and replies - unit seems to work well, good sound quality so for the money its a good bit of kit !!