Passenger door speakers not working (3dr)

A3-sport

BOSE
Reaction score
As above... anyone help with what might be wrong - its the standard stereo but the passenger door speakers dont work....

For starters, do you have an amplified system? My old 1.8T Sport had the rear speakers that were amplified by a crappy bose amp. Check if the fuse has gone on this?

Other thoughts: Wiring to speakers/amp OK?

To be honest, if both the rear speakers are not working, I'd be checking things that are common to both of them, which would be the connections from head unit, amplifier, fuse for the amplifier, etc...

Have they ever worked or have they stopped working recently?

AndyMac is probably the authority on this, but the above should get you started.

Actually, I just re-read the thread title... I'd check the wiring/connectors if I were you :)

Before I got a CD Changer I was using one of those MP3 -> Tape converters, for some reason when I used this there was no sound from the passenger side.
Do you get passenger side sound when listening to the radio?

Before I got a CD Changer I was using one of those MP3 -> Tape converters, for some reason when I used this there was no sound from the passenger side.
Do you get passenger side sound when listening to the radio?

Well my cd changer doesnt work - so I have to listen to the radio. The elec windows, central locking etc work in that door so its just the sepakers in the passenger door not working.

As said before first thing to do is check the connections at the speakers..

Take your door card off, unscrew the speaker then while connected push down on the cone, if it then makes a noise, you need new speakers.

Id also check someone hasnt gone to the back of your headunit with some wire cutters.. white and grey wires are for the front speakers(2 each, neg has a black line down the middle), make sure they're intact with the ISO block.