My bank holiday

leshkin

Hold my beer...
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just came back from a trip to Brecon Beacons in Wales over the long weekend and loved every minute of it. Went for a spa break with the missus and ended up driving around quite a bit. Enjoyed the scenery and the amazing roads during the day, and sitting in a hot tub in the evening... The weather was spot on, with glorious sunshine most of the time.

Loved the way the car handled... I haven't had a chance to give it a proper hammering on some twisty roads since the suspension got upgraded until this weekend, and all I can say is that every penny was well spent. I think a tweaked S3 is perfect for the roads over there, but if anything needs to change now then it's the brakes... Oh how badly do they fade under heavy use! It's shocking! :ohmy:

Me thinks that a bigger set is definitely on the cards some time soon (anyone thinking of selling theirs? :) )

Managed to kill my lambda sensor with all that spirited driving so will have to get that replaced... but what a weekend! Even the other half enjoyed the experience too, which was nice :)

For all those, who are about to weigh in on me for promoting speeding, you can save your breath - national speed limit on a country road is fast enough to have loads of fun without braking the law - for me at least

sounds enjoyable matey, all i did for my weekend is clean and polish the car and hammered the xbox! cant do much ya see, the wifes due to drop any time soon so cant go venturing off for a few months at least now :(

I went in the opposite direct, down to Falmouth, again the roads were awesome and i only have a standard s3.

How did driving like that lambda sensor? (sorry my motoring knowledge is limited)

Yeah, it was awesome... the sensor didn't seem to affect the car in any way, apart from me getting a bit freaked out... This was the last time I left my Vag-Com cable at home :)

this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif

Piccie 4 : Quoting Twiki : 'Beedi Beedi - What a fox!'

smilie.gif

Leshkin you fool, you neglected to mention that you pulled out of kart racing at buckmore park, to go to Wales and sit in a SPA .........

:whistle2:

Ha-ha, there will be other chances for me to show you how to drive fast :)