Removing the Turbo-Guide?

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Need to get the turbo off my car, Engine is still in the car currently. Wondered if there was a guide or something for removing the turbo?

Looks really tight in there?

Jason

I would suggest you get someone to help you if you are DIY.

HTC will tell you take out the driveshaft on the passenger side. I agree, you just could do it otherwise.

The rest of it is really just undoing stuff. The oil feed and water pipes are a bit tricky when you put them back and there's a fair bit of stuff back together before you can start it and check for leaks.

New copper washers are a must!!! Old ones have a high chance of leaking.

Gavin

I didn't take the driveshaft out. But I guess removing it will make the job easier

Car's beingstripped any-way so no need for anthing to go back on..

I'll print that guide off and have a go at it this week hopefully.

How long do you think it would take?

Jason

These should help.

Removal Guide
Exploded View

I'm all for ease of getting hands into places. You don't have to remove the driveshaft and exhaust manifold, but it is soooo much easier if you do. See how you get on.
Am I right in thinking you are breaking the car so you don't need to worry about refitting?
Just ask if you need more specific info.

People will say half a day, but budget for rusted downpipe nuts etc, so give it a day with cups of tea etc. If you can get to the nuts, give them a soaking in penetrating oil the day before.

HTC,

Many thanks for that im going to give it a go this week printed off the guide i'll let you know how i get on :)

Jason