Help wiring facelift seats

wnjuk

Reaction score
Hi, have required some facelift seats to go into my prefacelift 1.8T and have noticed that the airbag wiring is different. The seats are not heated. The wiring in my car is:

Brown
yellow/Brown
Yellow/Blue

On the new seats the wiring is:

Brown
Blue
Brown/White

Does anybody have any idea on which wires go where? I have searched but have not found a definate answer.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks - Wayne

Elsawin would be able to tell you which wires goes to which, if I get chance later I'll have a look for you, but doesnt it still have the original plugs on the seat & the car floor wiring so you can just plug it in anyway, cause even though colours are different, plugs should be same, dont recall them being changed, but then again this is VAG we're talking about.

Thanks! Yes the plugs are still attached to the seats but they are different and wont fit on the car loom. The new seats only have the one plug as where the old seats and have two.

Car Loom

Carloom.jpg

Sorry mate didnt get notice to say thread been updated, give me while as doing work.

Just looking through now, problem is different chassis show differnet wire colours, but they all commonly show Brown is definitely to earth so those 2 can be connected together, other 2 I am checking, whats your engine & gearbox codes on front of service booklet & do you know what car they came from?

Do you have VCDS cause you could try the 2 wires one way & if it threw an error you know its the other way round, cut & use some blue bullet connectors if you want, this would be simplest way, but at your own risk, not had an issue or heard airbag going of to date with wrong wires

your year? also any idea of the engine & gearbox of other car?

Sorry, mines 1998. I'm finding out the info on the other car now. Give us a couple of minutes.

Not heard back yet. The guy might be at work. Been looking around and the engine code could be either AEH, AKL or APF, if thats any help.

I know the wires but your colour codes dont match up in elsa mate, as its only 2 wires just join & see if throws a code, you'll need vcds anyway to clear existing as it would throw one when seat airbag not connected, so have to clear them 1st, unlikely airbag will go of tbh.