Newbie with questions :)

cupid

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum as i mentioned. Yesterday i spent about 4 hours reading the forum but i didnt quite found my answers.

Before asking the questions i want to give some background info about me since i am planning to buy a s3 2000 next month and i am doing hardcore research before i do so.

I owned Mini Cooper s 2004 for 5 years and sold it(missing it already). It was my daily drive and trackslut :) I was racing in supersport category even though my cat(ofc with slicks:)). was different and here are some pics maybe you will like it as well.

It evolved couple of times as you see, ended up aroud 260ponies. Now i am trying to decide on S3 and here are the questions of mine which i will appreciate your detailed answers :)

First of all whats the things that i should look out while buying it? I read sticky topic a bit but i was tired at the end.

Can it be as fun as driving a Mini and be as much succesful?

I read everything about quattro system on 2000 s3 s but the thing i want to know is about HPA quattro controller thing(or any other if there is available ?). Does it change it a lot when you push it hard? again understeer or oversteer? I know it theorically but i would love real experiences

Last but not least can you share your track experience with your s3s :greyrs4:loved this smiley :)

a S3 will never be as much fun as the mini to drive A std S3 will need up to £1000 spending on the suspension to sort it out. They are rewarding cars to drive just not fun really.

a S3 will never be as much fun as the mini to drive A std S3 will need up to £1000 spending on the suspension to sort it out. They are rewarding cars to drive just not fun really.

: ( actually i am not planning t drive it stock though, since i will be racing with it too

soo, nobody have haldex upgrade for comment ? :(

i think they're are a couple with the upgraded haldex, just gotta wait for them to show up. mini looks very nice btw.

You are going to be so disappointed with an 8L S3 if you plan to race/track it, after coming from a tarted Mini. Even if you throw money at the suspension, I doubt it will stick to the road like a Mini on the twisty stuff. I highly recommend you try a few before you buy, it's just never meant to be a track weapon in the first place, but it's always been a good all rounder.

hmm, that answer is already dissapointing for me but i have hope with haldex controllers actually but you are the experienced ones so these makes me confused about what to buy.

The thing is an S3 only chipped stock had really good times on track that we used which gives me hope for this chassis as well : )

soo, nobody have haldex upgrade for comment ? :(

Hi mate had a haldex upgrade on mine,its an awesome piece of kit, which will further compliment and other handling performance upgrades you make. Definitely a worth whille upgrade to have especially if you want to be tracking it!

How much is a Haldex upgrade? Roughly?

Hi mate had a haldex upgrade on mine,its an awesome piece of kit, which will further compliment and other handling performance upgrades you make. Definitely a worth whille upgrade to have especially if you want to be tracking it!

thank you for info!:racer:

How much is a Haldex upgrade? Roughly?

700 quid I was quoted

as a trackday car it ain't a mk2 golf but I found it a good laugh especially when it was wet and peeps coming off/sliding.