Sky InsuranceBadger5
    Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status

Has anyone used Lellers Valeters?

Lellers Valeting has moved to a garage round the corner from me so I thought i'd ask them about machine polishing my car. They have quoted me Ł50 for the whole car and the guy said he'd only be spending about 2 hours on the job! I've heard a lot of people on here say they have put a good 10+ hours into doing the work properly.

Do you think i'd be better off borrowing a maching polisher and doing this work myself so that its done properly or can anyone recomend Lellers work?

http://www.lellers.co.uk/
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

2. # ADS
    ADS

Smell my finger.

Status
    Ł50?,.....2 hours?.

Seems too cheap to me as they need at least 2 hours to get the paint clean enough before going near it with a machine! (washing, clay bar etc).

I'd be asking them what they would be doing to clean the car first.

Does that include anything else?, such as wax etc afterwards?, all seems a bit too cheap to me.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Yeah I thought it sounds like a load of rubbish and a rushed job. I think i'll look to borrow a polisher and spend the Ł50 on products and do the thing myself properly.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westle View Post
    Yeah I thought it sounds like a load of rubbish and a rushed job. I think i'll look to borrow a polisher and spend the Ł50 on products and do the thing myself properly.

I'm a fussy bugger when it comes to my car, the thought of letting someone else near it with a polisher doesnt sit well. I got myself one and took a bit of care and do it myself now.

If you do get your hands on one start on a low cut compound and read up on it first. I use a rotary which requires a bit of care and thought, a DA is considered safer but I've not had any problems...plus Audi paint is hard too so you'd have to REALLY mess things up to cause damage.

Just make sure the cars super clean, mask off any plastics and get yourself a decent wax for afterwards to seal in the shine.

T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice