Who is running 18" wheels on standard springs?

Westy

Reaction score
I was going to get my standard 17" Avus wheels refurbed in the next month or so but for a decent job have been quoted about £100 a wheel and I need all 4 doing.

I was thinking at that price I might as well wait until my tyres are no good and buy a brand new set of wheels and tyres together. My motor is currently on standard suspension and springs and i'm worried that if I get 18" wheels it will look too jacked up. is anyone else running 18" on standard springs and if you are can you stick a photo on this thread for me.

I dont really want to spend £1K on shocks and springs just to be able to put 18"s on. If 18"s look stupid then i'll just go back to plan A and get my 17"s refurbed

many thanks

Im in a similar sitution, I think OEM 18s will look fine (as Audi offered 18s as an optional extra i think). However Im looking into some LM's but am not sure if the car will look silly on standard suspension with the BBS rims on.

Not a very good pic but you get the idea..

I was running B8's and HR's for a bit, tbh the difference in drop wasn't massive anyway.

P2020004.jpg

i'm runnin 18" lambo rims on standard springs, they look fine but i wouldn't mind dropping it down a bit

DSC00385.jpg

18"s were an option from standard so wont be any issues at all.... ive just bought a set of RSTT's with tyres for £295.....there loads cheaper if you dont mind scratches

I was going to get my standard 17" Avus wheels refurbed in the next month or so but for a decent job have been quoted about £100 a wheel and I need all 4 doing.

I was thinking at that price I might as well wait until my tyres are no good and buy a brand new set of wheels and tyres together. My motor is currently on standard suspension and springs and i'm worried that if I get 18" wheels it will look too jacked up. is anyone else running 18" on standard springs and if you are can you stick a photo on this thread for me.

I dont really want to spend £1K on shocks and springs just to be able to put 18"s on. If 18"s look stupid then i'll just go back to plan A and get my 17"s refurbed

many thanks

If there is any chance your near luton fella, know someone who will refurb them for you,£120.

I ran 19's on standard suspension for quite a while before I uprated it, looked fine, the S3 was a sports car out the factory in the first place, so sits slightly lower than your average 1.8T, like most manufactorers when it's top of the range.

genuine RSTT 18's on mine with standard suspension. I think it looks far better on 18's. If you read the buyers guide on this forum it suggest 18's handle better too.

Did I hear someone mention pictures?

18's using 225/40 tyres on standard springs and shocks.

IMG_0228.jpg

couple of mine on 18's with standard suspension, not the best angle but should give you an idea

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

Mine on 18s but its been lowered 20 mm all round.

Image015.jpg

Also with the 19' MTMs

S1034802.jpg

19' BBS CHs

8600112.jpg

Any excuse for photos :p

Minty love those wheels matey.....

Faz your a damn good wheel whore

LOL nothing wrong with that, lad wanted some pics so he got them ;)

Personally though I think the 18s are best for overall driveability, 19s look the business but they make the car feel quite heavy and also the ride is harsh!

The 19s do look the best however ;)

LOL nothing wrong with that, lad wanted some pics so he got them ;)

Faz I wanted 18"s on standard suspension and you gave me 18"s lowered and 19"s lowered :asskicking:

Stop parading your big shiney wheels round like some sort of show pony :no:

Only messing. I love the CH's but they cost too much plus I think 19"s looks slightly too big. Your gun metal TTRSs have given me an idea :idea:

Faz I wanted 18"s on standard suspension and you gave me 18"s lowered and 19"s lowered :asskicking:

Stop parading your big shiney wheels round like some sort of show pony :no:

Only messing. I love the CH's but they cost too much plus I think 19"s looks slightly too big. Your gun metal TTRSs have given me an idea :idea:

LOL, any excuse mate any excuse!!! Yeah the wheels can change the whole look of the car! gun metal just makes its look so lethal i actually luv them!!

I was thinking gun metal on my standard 17"s if I get them refurbed but not sure about them against the ming blue :think: They do look good on the black though. Idealy I want the 18" S4 Avus but they are a very expensive replica for the same wheel as I have just an inch bigger!