Steering to the left!!!

selector007

Reaction score
Audi A3 1.8T Quattro 2000 Merlin Purple

Have had my car tracked and double checked that the tracking aligment is correct but my car still moves to the left if i hold my steering straight. The bloke at the garage seemed to think it could be the wishbone bushes? Is there any truth in this?

I have had a tie/track rod replaced recently but this didn't remedy the problem either!

Any ideas?

How bad is the pull? If only slight i wouldn't worry as these cars tend to pull slightly in my experience.

Only other question is who did the alignment and whether they were using appropriate 4 wheel alignment equipment?

might be a stupid question, but did you check the tyre pressures?

and as said above, a proper 4 wheel alignment must be done, not the tracking at the normal tyres places

hi, mine does the excate same problem. ive had it on a 4 wheel laser alignment and they said it was a bend front N/S strut. i folked out and bought a weitec full lowering susspension and guess what, it still does it. ive replaced the bottom wishbones too and still does it. ive just come to the fact that theres nothing to be done.

Mine does it a bit on certain roads which I'm putting down to camber. It had a full 4 wheel alignment less than 3 weeks ago.

On very flat roads it seems fine, try seeing if it does it in the middle of a big carpark or something.

My birds TT does it too, seems to follow the camber on the road all the time, it also tramlines a lot on the motorway on the grooves on the inside lane.

as abdus says check your pressure is equal and also could be different tread depths on each tire

Mine pulls left slightly too!

But then again i get a lot of wear on the inside of the o/s/f Tyre, Ive had the tracking done which was quite a bit out which helped a little but still need a 4 wheel alignment done i think as the wear is still getting worse.

Anyone know of a good place to get the alignment in Suffolk area, preferably Ipswich/Colchester

Must be a Purple thing, our TQS does it too, but i did notice wear on the front rear wishbone bush, so am hoping its that

Mine does it too.i've had the 4 wheel alignment done not long ago and all the tyres are at the same pressure.i've just got used to it doing it now unless there's a cure for it

Yep I've checked the tyre pressure on all four tyres as I thought it could have been that and the tracking was done on all four wheels.

The tyres on the car are relatively new but the front passenger tyre had more wear than the others I take it this is due to the pulling to the left

By the reply's I get the feeling its not too much of a problem and I'm no the only one with the problem!!!

Is it best to get the wishbone bushes done or replace the complete wishbones?

Just for clarification what tyre pressure do you guys have for front and rear? This is what I have. (18inch Tyres)

Front - 31
Rear - 30

Thanks

Mine has the same problem, had four wheel laser alignment done, new tyres all round, and it still happens. I know that with a standard et up, there are a few things which can not be adjusted, and very rarely will you get everything perfectly lined up.
You also need a special tool to adjust the Audi's and without it, you need to make shift a solution [which we did] which means you do not get everything bang on.

I have a print out of all my settings, and there is a very slight difference on them, may have to get the list and see what people have to say........

Mine did this quite heavily, but having the wheels properly balanced (when the rims were being refurbed) solved it. Not sure why or how, but it did the job for me :)

Every VAG car i've had has done this - I remember reading somewhere that they are designed to pull to the left ever so slightly as a "safety feature".

I'm not quite sure how that helps if your doing in excess of the national speed limit on a motorway though...

Every VAG car i've had has done this - I remember reading somewhere that they are designed to pull to the left ever so slightly as a "safety feature".

I'm not quite sure how that helps if your doing in excess of the national speed limit on a motorway though...

Not too safe if you drive abroad :scared2:

It does seem that this is a common thing though