Forge Split R (Splitter) DV Fitting Help Needed Please!

AudiS3Quattro

Reaction score
Hi, I have searched the forum for help fitting my forge split r dv, i have just bought it from ebay, and was just wondering if any one could shine some light on fitment, on to my standard amk s3 210. I believe forge recommend 15-20 clicks, is this with the dv half recirculating and half blow off?

i understand there are alot of people wanting the tssss! and to be honest i am after this too, a little bit any way. but at the same time I dont want to damage the engine and performance.

do you guys reccomend fitting it set up to be fully diverting?

or half and half? (as i understand that full blow off will damage the engine)

if i were to fit it half and half would this damage the engine or performance?

and would i be able to fit the dv safley and set it up (e.g correct amount of clicks) with out causing damage to the engine ?

many thanks in advance!

You wont damage the engine mate, the worse you'll do is send the ECU into 'limp mode' which protects the engine from harm.

Also, alot of people with 1.8T on here and SCN etc.. have tried these then resorted back to the 007P as they have had reliability issues and cars not running properly.

I've fitted the Split-R last weekend and can't say the car prefoms differently. There is a soft woosh which is quite nice compaired to the lack of any noise from the standard Bosch.

I'm also wonder how much clicks would be best? Running on an ABT chip.

I've been running one of these for over a year, only bought this model as I was offered it cheap, couldn't tell you how many clicks I used when I set it up but its pretty quiet which is what i want !

Caused me no problems though so far.

r cool sounds good, i got mine pretty cheap too, and if i dont like it i can always put my bosch one back on as its not broken!

the amount of clicks wont differ weather you have it fully of part recirc. id go with forge's set up thogh with 15-20 turns as they built it they should no how to set it up however id go nearer 20 if your mapped.
i have been running one for over a year with no problems and the sound is nice its not a tssshhhhhh like everyone thinks its not a typical dump valve.
the split is more like 70/30 with only 30% going to atmosphere so it wont go into limp mode or give you any performance loose, i guess people who have had problems are due to there lack of setting it up correctly

just fitted one to my standard s3 been running it round for bout 3 weeks now and find that 15 is to tight running it on 10 now seems ideal as was gettin it lholdin of in 4th gear after bout 5000 rpm

just fitted mine as well with 15 click , my S3 is with Revo Stage 1. but i feel the boost lose and not performance consistant. Does anyone recommended how many clicks i should try ?

most issues with the split R are down to the incorrect fitting , customers also need to be aware that due to the complexities of the VAG engines and ECUs/ Maf sets ups this valve is designed to keep the ecu from throwing check engine lights , the valve will bow off / release 50 - 60 % of the air whilst recirculating 40 - 50 % to keep everything happy , this means that the split R WILL make a blow of sound , its just not as loud as blow off valve that you may have heard on an EVO or Subaru ... due to the design ...if you are running a CAI ( induction kit ) or you are chip tuned the sound of the split R will be louder ..

......Basic instructions here...... Turn the valve all the way down in the anti-clockwise direction and then 16 Clicks in the clockwise direction for standard S3 225 engines. If the engine has been remapped then turn it another 5 clicks in the clockwise direction making it 20 clicks.