Help.. CLonk sound

Lee R

Reaction score
Hi lads, lately when pulling off in 1st or in 2nd the car seems to make a 'CLONK' sound, seems like its coming from the underneath the drivers seat?? Dont know what it could be any ideas people? Sometimes when I move off and slow down, for example come off the accelerator it also makes this sound.

Any ideas lads

Is it coming from under the seat or under the car, right under the driver's seat?

Might be that something is loose and is making the noise when you're accelerating? Does your seat jerk a little? Maybe seat rail loose or something along those lines. Have you checked underneath the seat to see f you can see anything?

No, its a clonk sound coming from the underneath of the car!! nothing internal!! purely outside but from underneath?

[FONT=&quot]Could it be a faulty bush on the wishbone or other suspension related component? I'd get it up in the air and give it all a good shake.
[/FONT]

Yea thats what I thought it would be bush related, but not from the wishbone, seems like its coming from the middle of the car, could even be the exhaust, but its a clonk sound, that happens when you move off or come off the accelerator in 1st or 2nd!