Forge Group Buy - None-Esp APY Tip's

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
So i've managed to contact peter at forge and sought out a group buy for a forge none esp tip for the apy block, he says if i get alist of 6 solid orders he'll look into producing one :yahoo:, cant quite believe it to be honest.
The price will be around £130 same as the others.
So I'll start the list please only put your name down if your definatley abuyer:

1.Dani_b19

can these not allpy to other models then i.e 2000 amk?

wouldnt a bam/apx one fit yours? im sure they fit the esp apy blocks

just out of interest....what is a "forge none esp tip for the apy block"?

You know the TIP? Well forge only do a TIP for the Bam/Apx model engines with esp (I'm sure these fit the Apy with Esp engine's) Well nowhere does a TIP for the Apy enigne without esp and this is what im trying to get made.
Sorry if the thread wasnt very clear

ive contacted warleydaddy as he wanted one Dani, should be on soon

Nice one tim, just fed up of been excluded because i havent got esp:blownose: lol

Ive forgot to ad i need to get hold of a TIP to send off to forge for the forming of the new one, been in touch with audi and they've quoted me £134, now can anyone get one cheaper or second hand?
Would be much appreciated

surely there isnt just me wanting one of these! Does anyone know what other vag cars ran the apy engine?

The reason many probably aren't interested is because its a lot of money for a hose which wont give much of a noticable gain. I would only buy a silicone TIP if my standard one becomes split or very perrished.

I know what you mean. Im not really bothered about the gains etc because there is none to little, i want it for the colour coding of my engine bay:drool:

So does anyone know what other VAG cars used the APY engine?

I know what you mean tim but its turning into aright pain in the **** not having esp

TIm textd me about this last week,but this is the 1st time ive managed to get near a PC due to work,and gettin lashed for Bank Holiday!!! lolol... "IF" anything was sorted,i may be interested,but after seing a standard TIP,and the silicone jobby afterward,£130 is ALOT of cash,for not much gain!!!! If it was round the £60/70 mark,id jump at it....

Pete...

No problem. Yeah i know what you mean regarding the price, the problem is it isnt off the shelf so thats reflected in the price, im trying to get the cost down but there argument is the ones for the bam engines are round that price!

but surely the point in a group buy is to get the price down.

Would it be that big of ajob todo it ourselfs? Im mean in opening the inlet up to make it bigger?

Ok so ive emailed samco and got in touch with there production side, just waiting now to hear from them!

Dani i think im in the same boat as you mate.

Im wanting one too and just emailed Awesome GTI and they said "Yeah that's no problem. They all have ESP, just not all have the option to turn it off!"
Mines a 2000 V-reg S3. But I dont think mine is ESP as I dont have the buttom on the centre consul or the light on my dash board.

Is there any other way to find out if i have it?

I would be interested in getting one mate.

Couldnt you heat it up with a blow torch, lightly of course and make your own socket, and like wedge it around something the same dia as the turbo? or wouldnt these silicone hoses react well to that, sometimes do it at work on pvc if a socket isnt a avaiable :|..

Well Silicon is good because it doesnt melt like rubber.

They use silicon pipes on steam engines and jet engines for just that reason so heating it up and melting it wont do anything really.

There's also plys of fibre in there too which you wont be able to reshape by heating/melting things.

T

Dani i think im in the same boat as you mate.

Im wanting one too and just emailed Awesome GTI and they said "Yeah that's no problem. They all have ESP, just not all have the option to turn it off!"
Mines a 2000 V-reg S3. But I dont think mine is ESP as I dont have the buttom on the centre consul or the light on my dash board.

Is there any other way to find out if i have it?

I would be interested in getting one mate.

Well ive losely read that s3's that dont have the esp button have got esp but just not the option to turn it on or off.
Its true that the Tip awesome etc sell will fit the non esp s3 but it takes some modding this of which ill hopefully be doing monday so ill post a full write up and lists parts ok pal.

right this is going to sound realy dumb but you dont learn with out asking

what diffence dose it make to the tip if you car has esp or not?
i no that my qts has esp but i just thought that was to do with the brakes aka traction control

were have i gone wrong(apart from the spelling:sly:)
thanks

right this is going to sound realy dumb but you dont learn with out asking

what diffence dose it make to the tip if you car has esp or not?
i no that my qts has esp but i just thought that was to do with the brakes aka traction control

were have i gone wrong(apart from the spelling:sly:)
thanks

Tbh that's a really good question and as far as i can tell if your car has esp it just means the pipe lay out is slightly different, you've still got the exact number of hoses etc.

surly if thats the case dani you could use a esp tip and just reroute the hose's till they fit or has some one already tryed this and its not the case?
also if you are talking about getting one made up it would just be the same pipe just with diffent spacing between the outlets soo i cant see how they could wont that much money for making tiny changes?
but hey thats imo

Thats what im doing now cheif, couldnt get enough people for the group buy so just bought an esp tip now and altering the pipes.

surely there isnt just me wanting one of these! Does anyone know what other vag cars ran the apy engine?

Dani,

found an old doc on one of my memory sticks that I'd downloaded from a Skoda website - to be honest, I'm not sure how accurate the info is, but it does list the info you was after (I've highlighed in red) - hope it helps:

150, 180, 210 And 225 Bhp Vag 1.8 Turbo Engine

All the engines are basically the same but there are some important differences to account for their varying outputs.

For the Octavia alone, there actually seem to be three types of the 150 bhp engine. The AGU engine is the 1.8T engine in the pre-facelift Octavia Elegance/L&K FWD. This engine utilises Borg-Warner's K03 turbo, has smaller injectors to that in the facelifted cars and does not feature variable valve timing and drive-by-wire (it has an old-fashioned throttle cable instead). When tuned, this engine will not produce as much power as the later engines. 193 bhp seems to be the maximum.

The 150 bhp engines in the 4x4 (code ARX) and the post-facelift FWD Elegance/L&K (code AUM) seem to have basically the same inner workings as the 180 bhp engine in the RS (code AUQ). They all have bigger-sized injectors and feature the K03sport turbo. This is a hybrid turbo, using the K04 turbine in a K03 casing. The differences in power between all three engines seem to be merely ECU mapping related. Hence, these engines will produce similar gains when tuned. This is in the region of 205-225bhp.

The 210 and 225 bhp engines as found in the Seat Leon Cupra R, Audi S3 and Audi TT have different internals and a bigger k04 series turbo, all which allow it to produce more power. A chipped version of these engines can reach 260-270 bhp.

Below is a brief overview of various 1.8T engines. This is not a comprehensive overview, but it will show the differences between the main engines used by Skoda and the other VAG brands.

AGU

Skoda Octavia 1.8T FWD (Elegance, L&K), 10/96-8/00
Also found in: Audi A3 1.8T and Volkswagen Golf GTI (earlier models)

Output: 150 hp
Drive: FWD
Emission: Non-VVT, EU3
Throttle: cable
Injectors: small
Turbo: K03
Gearbox: EVS, EGY

AUM

Skoda Octavia 1.8T FWD (Elegance, L&K), 8/00-now
Also found in: Volkswagen Bora 1.8T and Volkswagen Golf GTI (updated models)

Emission: VVT, EU4
Throttle: drive-by-wire
Injectors: big
Turbo: K03sport
Gearbox: EBN, ENJ, ESV, FDC

AUQ

Skoda Octavia RS, 8/00-now
Also found in: Seat Leon 20VT Topsport

Output: 180 hp
Emission: VVT, EU4
Gearbox: EHA (Octavia RS, 5-speed, long gearing - Leon has 6-speed 'box!)

ARX

Skoda Octavia 1.8T 4x4 Elegance, 8/00-now

Drive: Haldex 4WD
Emission: VVT, EU3
Gearbox: FEX (5-speed, short gearing)

Other 1.8Ts

APX: Audi TT, 225 hp, Haldex 4WD, K04, 6-speed
APY: Audi S3 (earlier model), Seat Leon Cupra R (earlier model), 210 hp, Haldex 4WD, K04, 6-speed
ARY: Seat Leon 20VT Cupra 4, 180 hp, Haldex 4WD, K03sport, 6-speed
ARZ: Volkswagen Golf GTI, 150 hp, FWD, K03sport, 5-speed
AWT: Audi A4 1.8T/1.8T quattro and Volkswagen Passat 1.8T, 150 hp, FWD or Torsen 4WD, K03, 5-speed
AWU: Volkswagen New Beetle 1.8T, 150 hp, FWD, K03, 5-speed
BAM: Audi S3/TT (updated models), Seat Leon Cupra R (updated model), 225 hp, Haldex 4WD (S3/TT) or FWD (Cupra R), K04, 6-speed
BFB: Audi A4 1.8T/1.8T quattro (updated model), 163 hp, FWD or Torsen 4WD, K03sport, 5-speed

Cheers mate but dont need any of that now, thanks though, also i think you meant to highlight APY not ARY, all 8L S3's run ko4 turbos cheif.