5 Things for Performance

RyanS3TT

Reaction score
Hello again everyone.

Im looking for osme things to do to my car before I remap it.

However I dont want to changer the turbo to a K03s until I get my car running nice and sweet with the K03.

Then I will go for a Stage 2 custom with K03s + extras.

For now, I have a Decat/3"Downpipe, CDA Induction Kit and Forge DV.

Can anyone give me any more things I should get before the remap?

Ive seen things around like new manifolds offering BHP gains.
A Cat back maybe?
Ive seen an N75J Valve? but not sure what this does can anyone enlighten me?
Also a Power boost valve?

Or can anyone add to my list?
Thanks, Ryan

I beleive the N75J valve is a replacement for the standard valve which controls your boost in some way. It is apparently a worth while mod if you are running boost higher than 15psi. I've just been reading about this and may need to get one myself.

Hopefully someone can clarify what this valve is doing and whether it will make any difference to upgrade?

i belive the n75j valve is no good on a k03s turbo once mapped as your using the turbo at the limit anyway so there will be no more gains to be had, cant remember who it was but someone on here has already tried it with no such gains

What was the verdict on the BAM engine after a remap because I cant seem to find a definitive answer. Some go into limp mode and some dont! Is it worth buying the valve to find out it will put my car into limp **** mode?

Do it and find out then let us all know :)

Thanks for the Hijack Westle ;)
haha..

anyone else got any good mods?

I've read a lot about chnging the N75 but i seem to recall it could cause your mixture to run too lean so never went any further with it.

Be intresting to know if it works (safely) part number for the N75J valve is 034 906 283 j, in case its of any use to anyone.

Get the suspension sorted and upgrade your front brakes to S3 spec or above. Rear ARB is a great mod.
Cat back exhaust won't give much more as the restriction is in the CAT and downpipe which you've already swapped. Get a front mount intercooler to keep inlet temps down after the remap. You'll need a silicone TIP for the k03s.
Forget about faffing with N75 valves. Just make sure you get the car mapped well with the stock one to the boost level you want. The other versions just have a different reaction speed for opening the wastegate a little later. You'll spike a little more and perhaps run a couple of psi extra if adding one mapped with the stock N75. Most of the time they cause problems unless the map has provision to accept higher boost.
Better still junk the erratic N75 and go for an after market electronic boost controller. Perfect boost every time, but pricey.
Power boost valve sounds like a fuel pressure mod. Again you'll have your map set for 3 or 4bar depending on the tuner. Any other fuel changes will upset the maf scaling and the car won't run right.
Basically you choose your components and then get the car mapped.
How about a k03/k04 hybrid. That would be lots of fun.

Get the suspension sorted and upgrade your front brakes to S3 spec.

ditto.
do this and you will be faster point to point than any generic remap

I want to do the K04 turbo swap.
however with my car being FWD, I dont think I would benifit a huge lot.
With a map I hear it can go to rediculous BHP and the front wheels just cant put it down?

I think Im going to do suspension next week, Remap soon after and a cat-back purely for sound and style.

The K04 turbo would be a good month or two away.

I hear I need a new manifold, decat and bviously the turbo.
Is that it? however the decat for K04 is allloottt of money isnt it?

Ryan

I personally would go with the K04 Route matey, too much cost/work and the extra bhp over the k03s you wont be able to use any-way.

K03S is the best route, more than enough bhp/torque out of the upgrade.

FMIC, Decent Map, K03S, 4 bar fbr (although some tuners dont use one) You'll easily see 240bhp/250 ft lb's of torque.

Believe me the k03s upgrade is a MASSIVE improvement.

I'll have a K03S turbo for sale pretty soon when i get it off the engine...

J