Brake bleeding help!

swatchuk

Reaction score
Hi, after some tips and advice on bleeding the brakes on my s3. Kinda ballsed it up today, emptied the whole system and then tried to pressure the new stuff through. kinda worked but pedal just goes to the floor.
Anyway, can someone please tell me how to bleed the system properly? And I have access to vagcom if i need it.
Thanks in advance

whoops, emptied, now system is gonna be fun now as its probably full of air, ideally need 2 people, one to fill up the reservoir, make sure it doesnt go below minimum at all, also they would check the fluid for air bubbles, cleanliness along with undoing nipples & doing up, the other to sit there, pump fluid through & hold the pedal in position when they're filling up the system & tying of the nipples, thats how we did mine recently, idealling using a non returning valve in a bleeding kit so it cant suck any air/fluid back in.

I'm sure there are others on here that can explain it better, but thats what I remember from few weeks back.

there was 2 of us doing it today, theres no air bubbles coming out of any of the nipples now but pedal still goes to the floor. Do I need to bleed it with the car running?? And ive read somewere about bleeding at the master cylinder??

if you havent done the MC then thats the first place to start. defo be air in there if its gone dry.

Right i'll give that a go tomorrow then. Cheers Ollie

theres 2 nipple on there one for each circuit bit of a bitch to get to!

were is the mc? havent even looked for it?

its in the engine bay opposite where the brake pedal is in the cabin, so in front of the steering wheel

Right, problem solved. Bled the master cylinder (what a nightmare to get too), bled the clutch, and then worked my way round the car again! All done and working now. Fitted EBC turbo grooved discs, Ferrodo DS2500 pads all round, then used Motul RBF 600 brake fluid. Just drove it down the road and the difference all ready is great. Cant wait for them to bed in

Thanks for all the help

Hi, how did you manage to get to the bleed nipples on th mater cyclinder and what spanner did you use was it a special brake bleed one or normal open end. Thanks Ray

I ended up just using a socket on them and then nipped them up after they'd released all the air. You can hear the air come out so not too bad.