unusual brake pedal kickback

• Thread starter imported_bayliss
  • Start date
I

imported_bayliss

I'm having an "ABS" judder feeling coming back up my pedal intermittently. bear with me while I try to explain it..
driving in let say, 4th, nothing too fast, approach a junction, brake down to 20mph, slip it outa 4th, still braking and slip into 1st at around about 6mph and BBBRBRBRBRBRB ABS style vibrtations ahoy! it only seem s to happen when the clutch it also fully depressed. does hat make any sense??? has anyone ever had/heard of this??

dave

[ QUOTE ]
bayliss said:
I'm having an "ABS" judder feeling coming back up my pedal intermittently. bear with me while I try to explain it..
driving in let say, 4th, nothing too fast, approach a junction, brake down to 20mph, slip it outa 4th, still braking and slip into 1st at around about 6mph and BBBRBRBRBRBRB ABS style vibrtations ahoy! it only seem s to happen when the clutch it also fully depressed. does hat make any sense??? has anyone ever had/heard of this??

dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, i never go into first until i've stopped as it tends to lurch you forward... try just using 2nd instead an see if this helps the problem.

Rich

i've still got 10 weeks left on the garage warranty - let's hope i can "prove" that it's a fault!! and let's hope it actually happens when i take it there!

thanks pete; you're a star!

waranty inspection showed that the rear calipers were sticking a bit, and almost locking up, enabling the ABS (well that's what they said!) they're even changing the discs/pads!!

will get back if it doesn't rectify the problem!

rear disks and pads changed - no improvement!! ;-(
I noticed that my N/S/F wheel is showing a lot more brake dust than the O/S/F = wondering if it's a sticky caliper? Would it be general practice to be charged for checking for any fault codes???

I've been told that the brake pedal normally kicks back at you when you are driving too fast for the road conditions.

I.e trying to come to a stop to quickly for the distance remaining.. The ABS pump is then working alot harder. You can normally test your ABS system by driving down a quite road at about 30-40mph and slam the brakes on the car shout stop pretty quickly in a straight line. Also you will feel the brake pedal kick back at you during the emergency stop. This would indicate your ABS is working.

But form you are saying this is happening all the time at a slow speed. I would say that on one of your ABS sensors has a fault. Try cleaning them and see what happens, i used to have a similar problem. My ABS light used to come on every so often ao i cleaned all the sensor's.. This fixed the problem and never came back.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif thanks! wil give it shot when/if it ever stops raining!!