Aerial help

the ICE section is more players innit?

Yeah should fit m8, same has happened to my aerial but i was trying to find a OEM replacement but these should fit, even if u have to cut the aerial and put a connector on the end. It shouldnt come to that but most aerials are the same bit like tv aerials (co-axial) so if the worst comes to the worst you can put a connector on! but the seller does say its a direct replacement for OEM. so it worth a try and post a pic with the finished result cos im interested wot it will look like!

I'm thinking of doing the same. How much of a b^$!^rd is to replace the aerial base?

I would imagine that quite a bit of the roof and rear q-panel trim needs to come off, or is this much easier than I think?

I read that peeps remove part of the headliner by the lights at the back 10mm screws I think..not that hard (this was after my stealers replaced mine for a ton!)

I did mine but I have an A3 so not sure for you guys.

There are map lights at the back of the car for the passengers.... pop that panel out - easy peesy. Then you will see a bolt that holds the aerial base to the roof. unscrew that, that part was a bit of a pain as I was not using the right tools but anyhows.... once that's off, the rest is plain sailing. Swap the old base for the new and Robert's yer mothers brother.

Tip....
When tightening up the bolt... either get someone to stand at the back and keep an eye/hold the base so it does not mis-align or like what I did... put bolt back on.... tighten, go out check, then tighten again, check again etc etc.

Maybe that will help ya's. About 15 mins to do I reckon.

Baz

yup removing the roof lining is an **** cos the middle trim panel which needs to come off is interlocked with the side trim, i broke some clips getin it back on but need to remove as the aerial connector wasnt accessable through the hole where the light fits

I read that peeps remove part of the headliner by the lights at the back 10mm screws I think..not that hard (this was after my stealers replaced mine for a ton!)

That's ridiculous!!! Then again, that's how they get their name.

I might give it a go then... sounds easier than thought.

I just popped the map lights console off and it looks quite easy, couldn't see the connector though as it was cable tied together further in.

Question is now, which one, the fin it's self or the stubby golf one?? and do i leave them black or paint them?

I have the second type of your links , mine is a radio/satnat type and my conections are different to standard still not conected those yet so can't comment on how the radio sounds , fits the suqare hole in the roof single bolt , and as said 5 mins job done by removing rear map lights
sharkfin1.jpg

sharkfin2.jpg

sharkfin3.jpg

the second link has the fitting that would fit straight on to my 2001 model A3

Rob