Drivers Windows Problem...

bl_1969

Roads? We Dont Need Roads!!!!
Reaction score
Hi All,

Drivers window is only going 3 quarters of the way down. Goes back up ok... press the button down again and only goes 3 quarters back down.

Is there an easy fix?
Been fine since I owned the car.. maybe about two years.

Please help.... summer is on the way and sometimes I like the wind in my hair as opposed to the aircon on! (Wont have my hair much longer.... think I am going bald!) so needs to get fixed fast :p.

Cheers in advance!

Hi All,

Drivers window is only going 3 quarters of the way down. Goes back up ok... press the button down again and only goes 3 quarters back down.

Is there an easy fix?
Been fine since I owned the car.. maybe about two years.

Please help.... summer is on the way and sometimes I like the wind in my hair as opposed to the aircon on! (Wont have my hair much longer.... think I am going bald!) so needs to get fixed fast :p.

Cheers in advance!

Common as your common cold.....window regulator fault. One of the clips will have busted off causing the window to snag kicking in the anti-squeeze'.

You can try to change the clip or just whack a new regulator etc in there which will have new (metal) clips as I did. Bit of a faff to do on the drive etc, I got a garage owning mate to get one of his lads do it for me in return for a few beers.

Search on here and it should show a thread on how to fix it.

Was going to go to the garage on Monday but guess what..... it's now working! God knows whats happened but seems to be working hunky dory now. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Strange huh... two weeks solid it was bust.

Cheers anyhows A3Tom, Will help me if it happens again :salute:.

Baz

Cheers Ruairi83/all!

I doubt I would handle that job should the problem happen again.... I doubt my own ability.... would end up dropping the window or something daft like that :whistle2:

Cheers peeps!
Barry