Oil light on Audi A3

Sue Duck

Reaction score
sue duck OIL LIGHTON AUDI A3
Hi. I have an Audi A3 1.8 Turbo sport. 1997. I have had it off the road for 6 month. I put it back on the road yesterday and when I gave it some revs the oil light came on. I have changed the oil pressure switch. I have taken the sump off and checked to see if there was any dirt in the pick up filter. there was none. It was as clean as a whistle. I have cleaned the pressure valve, nothing there. The big ends are OK. I have done everything I can think of and the light still comes on. Does anyone have any suggestions please

Sorry, silly question but have you checked the oil level?

Sorry, silly question but have you checked the oil level?
:lmfao:

Get it check with VAG-com, or the like, as it might be getting triggered by something else. Whenever I have any kind of problem I do a vag-com scan first... even if I get a flat tyre or a headache :)

Hi. Thanks. Do I need to go to Audi to get that done. Thanks. Sue.

the oil filter?

after 6 months off road, I would change the oil, oil filter and coolant.

Hi. I have changed the oil and the filter and the oil pressure switch. Still no joy. I have taken the sump off. No sign of wear on the teeth. No sludge on the pick up feed or in the sump. Its as clean as a whistle. Why would you change the coolant. Thanks. Sue.

have you tried getting the pressure actually measured on a guage? as i have heard of a faulty dash casuing similar probs

well, the coolant isn't connected to the problem here but i was saying what I would do after 6 months off-road

Hi. No I have not tried that. How would I go about doing that please. Thanks. Sue.

There is a guy in Teesside which I will get in touch with. Thanks a lot for your help. Sue.

:lmfao:

Get it check with VAG-com, or the like, as it might be getting triggered by something else. Whenever I have any kind of problem I do a vag-com scan first... even if I get a flat tyre or a headache :)

I had a guy come and check the car with vag-com. The result was no fault. So I'm back to square 1. Thanks. Sue.