Chris NottSky Insurance

Thread: facelift model

1st Gear

Status

facelift model

Hi anyone can tell me the difference between a 1996-02 model and the facelift from 02-03 ?I was told only the front and rear headlamps where changed,and the facelift model was available in 5 doors as well.

Is that true ?

so if I buy an a3 1998 model and change the front and rear headlamps it will basically be the same as a 2001 audi ?

I am asking as I found one locally in very good condition but its 1998 and I dont like the front headlamps at all.cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by qennu View Post
    Hi anyone can tell me the difference between a 1996-02 model and the facelift from 02-03 ?I was told only the front and rear headlamps where changed,and the facelift model was available in 5 doors as well.

Is that true ?

so if I buy an a3 1998 model and change the front and rear headlamps it will basically be the same as a 2001 audi ?

I am asking as I found one locally in very good condition but its 1998 and I dont like the front headlamps at all.cheers
    You sure can facelift the older version of the A3, its something I'm going to be doing fairly soon. There's a bit of modification required on the front wings so the facelift headlights fit but its nothing major.

Do a search on here and you'll find all the info you need.

T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

1st Gear

Status
    cheers for the reply mate.new to this site so just exploring at the moment

6th Gear

Status
    Changing the headlamps/ rear lights will help make it look like a face lift, though the centre console was also updated on the face lifts to and looks more modern...not sure what model A3 your afte, if it's a 1.8t then the turbos are also different, the face lift has the Ko3s turbo which is better also...
    revo'd

1st Gear

Status
    thanks for the info leggy.I heard that there were some modifcations to the interior but didnt know what changes they done.You're an expert .

I am after a turbo diesel one.Does anyone know how do I find if its 130 bhp or not ?

From what I see the golf for example 130 bhp have tdi - di in red and 150 bhp tdi all in red.are the audis the same ?Thanks

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    nope i have owned a 99 A3 and a 2002 S3.... differences are rear boot handle is electronic,brake pedal switch, entire centre console including part running between seats, front seats, roof handles, front/rear lights, alloys, window tints dif colour i think? interior vents to name but a few, in essence it wouldnt be difficult to make it look like a facelift with the lights, however there are quite a number of things that are redesigned on facelifts, theres loads more ive missed!!
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

Neutral

Status
    I bellieve its just the red I that shows its a 130 model. And was introduced 2001- (i.e Facelift) i think.....