facelift model

qennu

Reaction score
Hi anyone can tell me the difference between a 1996-02 model and the facelift from 02-03 ?I was told only the front and rear headlamps where changed,and the facelift model was available in 5 doors as well.

Is that true ?

so if I buy an a3 1998 model and change the front and rear headlamps it will basically be the same as a 2001 audi ?

I am asking as I found one locally in very good condition but its 1998 and I dont like the front headlamps at all.cheers

Hi anyone can tell me the difference between a 1996-02 model and the facelift from 02-03 ?I was told only the front and rear headlamps where changed,and the facelift model was available in 5 doors as well.

Is that true ?

so if I buy an a3 1998 model and change the front and rear headlamps it will basically be the same as a 2001 audi ?

I am asking as I found one locally in very good condition but its 1998 and I dont like the front headlamps at all.cheers

You sure can facelift the older version of the A3, its something I'm going to be doing fairly soon. There's a bit of modification required on the front wings so the facelift headlights fit but its nothing major.

Do a search on here and you'll find all the info you need.

T

cheers for the reply mate.new to this site so just exploring at the moment :)

Changing the headlamps/ rear lights will help make it look like a face lift, though the centre console was also updated on the face lifts to and looks more modern...not sure what model A3 your afte, if it's a 1.8t then the turbos are also different, the face lift has the Ko3s turbo which is better also...

thanks for the info leggy.I heard that there were some modifcations to the interior but didnt know what changes they done.You're an expert :).

I am after a turbo diesel one.Does anyone know how do I find if its 130 bhp or not ?

From what I see the golf for example 130 bhp have tdi - di in red and 150 bhp tdi all in red.are the audis the same ?Thanks

nope i have owned a 99 A3 and a 2002 S3.... differences are rear boot handle is electronic,brake pedal switch, entire centre console including part running between seats, front seats, roof handles, front/rear lights, alloys, window tints dif colour i think? interior vents to name but a few, in essence it wouldnt be difficult to make it look like a facelift with the lights, however there are quite a number of things that are redesigned on facelifts, theres loads more ive missed!!

I bellieve its just the red I that shows its a 130 model. And was introduced 2001- (i.e Facelift) i think.....