qennu

Reaction score
Hi to everyone I new to this forum and new to audi.I never had one,I so into fords but looking to buy one.

From some info I found a3 audi had a face lift in 01 and continuned till 03.

Was the 1.9 tdi 130 bhp or was there a 150 bhp version as well ?Also what mpg does the car get ?

From what milage does this car seem to give problems ?

what will I need to look for when buying one ?

Did the a3 came with a sunroof and leather interior ?

Apart from the 4x4 whats the difference between the s3/a3 and could an a3 be made to look like a s3 and whats needed ?

Are the a3 audi subject to rust ?

Thanks alot,any help will be great and sorry for the essay lol.:laugh:

Welcome,

There was a 150hp golf 30th anniversary [same engine yadda yadda] TDI but not sure on the A3.

As long as they've been serviced reguarly and the cambelt was done around 60-70k and it continues to be well maintained i've heard they're good to 200k+

Look for anything you normally would when buying a car, any knocks or rattles when driving, absurd amounts of smoke, pulling strong in every gear, no crunches from the gearbox when changing in high or low revs, look from the front down each side panel to ensure its straight. The list goes on, if your not confident the aa do a 150 point check for about £150 i think.

Mine has a leather interior but its not standard issue its an optional upgrade which i believe a sunroof is too.

alot of A3's come with 4x4 also, there is ALOT of difference between a3/s3 but yes most parts can be sourced to obtain an s3 look, but you might as well buy one for the amount it can cost.

a3's are subject to rust as is any other metal object. particuarly the guttering around the roof and the bottom of the doors. Audi has a 12year anti corrosion bodywork warranty however...

You can use the SEARCH button up top to find out more indepth info on each of these subjects btw!