Monster MotorsportChris Nott
Results 1 to 29 of 29
  1. #1
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    430

    Low Mileage s3 for sale

    I have for sale a very well looked after low mileage Audi s3. It is on Pistonheads so here is the link.

    http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/895310.htm

    Any feedback is welcome

    Thanks

    eddie

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    voorhees's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Leafy Warwickshire
    Posts
    14,626
    how many owners?
    cambelt/water pump needs doing.

  4. #3
    fingermouse's Avatar
    thats me

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    west yorkshire
    Posts
    3,755
    its worth the mopney but doubt you will get that, I would expect 8k to be the top price for a 2002 S3 at the moment. But you never know.....
    red to red black to black blue to bits

  5. #4
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    how many owners?
    cambelt/water pump needs doing.
    im the second owner, and the cambelt etc will be replaced or if the new owner wishes the price can be negotiated due to cambelt.

  6. #5
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by fingermouse View Post
    its worth the mopney but doubt you will get that, I would expect 8k to be the top price for a 2002 S3 at the moment. But you never know.....
    Like you say it is worth the money, in my opinion there is not much else out there that gives you what the s3 does for the money, and im hopeful of getting a good price for it.

  7. #6
    voorhees's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Leafy Warwickshire
    Posts
    14,626
    advert needs interior pics and whats with the bad neck pic!? for 11k I'd expect the advert to make me want to part with that money and that isn't.
    cambelt should of been done in 07 if the car is looked after so much why was that overlooked?

  8. #7
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    advert needs interior pics and whats with the bad neck pic!? for 11k I'd expect the advert to make me want to part with that money and that isn't.
    cambelt should of been done in 07 if the car is looked after so much why was that overlooked?
    The advert states that on request there are plenty more pictures for viewing, interior and all.

    As for the cambelt i dont beleive its done the mileage to warrent it and the last major service at audi, the cambelt replacement was not brought to my attention. Like i have already posted, i am willing to have this done or reduce the price acordingly.

    What are the intervals it should be replaced? Mileage/Age

  9. #8
    Andy_S3's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Teesside
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by s3edd View Post
    The advert states that on request there are plenty more pictures for viewing, interior and all.

    As for the cambelt i dont beleive its done the mileage to warrent it and the last major service at audi, the cambelt replacement was not brought to my attention. Like i have already posted, i am willing to have this done or reduce the price acordingly.

    What are the intervals it should be replaced? Mileage/Age
    Ideally it should be done at 60k miles or 5 years mate, whichever is sooner. Good luck with the sale.

  10. #9
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by djakster View Post
    Ideally it should be done at 60k miles or 5 years mate, whichever is sooner. Good luck with the sale.
    Thanks

  11. #10
    abdus's Avatar
    Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    On an Island
    Posts
    1,809
    cambelt needs doing even if it's low mileage (being more than 5 years); esp at the price advertised, a potential buyer would expect that the big service has been done recently.

    to gain more interest in the advert, as voorhees said, interior pics, engine bay, luggage compartment pics etc...will attract more interest.

    As a buyer, I always look for adverts with more pictures..lol

    good luck and hope yu find a buyer soon
    ^^ In my opinion


  12. #11
    Essflee's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,995
    Nice looking car mate...don't know whether you'll get over 10k for it though, pity that people seem to let there beloved and rare S3's go for such little money these days forcing the prices down...I agree that for the money there isn't another car in this class I'd rather have... Good luck with the sale though, hope you don't have to drop to much...
    revo'd

  13. #12
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    520
    I'd have to agree, I saw a perfect looking Dolphin Grey S3 with Alloy mirrors, parking sensors, sound upgrades and 17,500 miles go for 9,500 on Autotrader!

  14. #13
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    430
    Thanks for the comments, and the cambelt service will be included in the price.

    The person who bought that got an absolute bargain!

  15. #14
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    520
    I know! I just hope it wasnt bought to resell at a higher price

  16. #15
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    430
    hopefully not

  17. #16
    voorhees's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Leafy Warwickshire
    Posts
    14,626
    Quote Originally Posted by s3edd View Post
    Thanks for the comments, and the cambelt service will be included in the price.
    And put more photos on and get shot of the bad neck one...engine bay looking mint would be a good one,only trying to get you a sale

  18. #17
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    430
    will do mate, i changed that photo already.

    cheers

  19. #18
    1animal1's Avatar
    The Clar!! it mouves!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,985
    always one to post.... in todays market you simply cannot get a premium over 1k IMO, especially when its the easiest colour S3 to get hold of..... your aiming for someone who really really wants a new as possible car, id put money on you having to reduce it, theres still a kingfisher blue one for sale 12 months on with similar mileage and a much more desirable colour combo, the guy is a dreamer an clearly is not in a rush to sell, daft thing is his cars depriciated that much over the time he's waited, he may aswell have put it up for a realistic price in the first place.

    good luck with the sale, but think you'll put more people off with the price, i could advertise mine for 30000 and be willing to negotiate, would you approach me knowing what ive set the price at? course not because im being unrealistic to start with.... the dolphin one that went for 9500 was realistic given the colour (one of the rarest) not a bargain assuming that it was at least an 03 plate IMO

    you clearly arent in a rush
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

    Black FZ6 - Turbo car 'slapper'
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

  20. #19
    fingermouse's Avatar
    thats me

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    west yorkshire
    Posts
    3,755
    Silver may be in ample supply but there is a reason for that lol Silvers sell well and have a wider appeal its only on forums like this that the rarer colours are sort after







    runs and hides................
    red to red black to black blue to bits

  21. #20
    Works 60% the time, Everytime.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    1,577
    Rare colours are rare for a reason.

    2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

  22. #21
    1animal1's Avatar
    The Clar!! it mouves!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,985
    my comment is not aimed at highlighting the fact that silver is a common colour, but the simple fact is, that it is - this makes them more available and thus cheaper as it isnt as hard to find one....
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

    Black FZ6 - Turbo car 'slapper'
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

  23. #22
    Works 60% the time, Everytime.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Up North
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by 1animal1 View Post
    my comment is not aimed at highlighting the fact that silver is a common colour, but the simple fact is, that it is - this makes them more available and thus cheaper as it isnt as hard to find one....
    You say that but if its a sought after colour wouldnt it make it more re-sellable and therefore more likely to keep its value?

    2003 Audi S3 + Go faster bits

  24. #23
    Dark Knight

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    936
    Way too much !
    good luck getting 11k i could get a mint R32 for less than that !
    Current Audi A3 2.0 TDI New shape
    Audi S3 -MAD / Tax Beater /Forge 007/Stage 2 Vagcheck /
    Mk2 G60 Stage 4 Jabbasport
    Corrado G60 Stage 4 Jabbasport / Porsche Rims / bhp 265/ decat

  25. #24
    S£'s Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Suffolk
    Posts
    668
    Sorry but i think that 9k absolute tops probably 8.5k, The car used market is very harsh at the moment.

  26. #25
    1animal1's Avatar
    The Clar!! it mouves!!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    9,985
    Quote Originally Posted by MintyS3 View Post
    You say that but if its a sought after colour wouldnt it make it more re-sellable and therefore more likely to keep its value?
    swings and roundabouts... silver is the most common colour because it was one of the standard colours chosen by people and companies that really didnt care what colour a car was - like black... why arent dolphin greys as popular? is it a horrid colour?

    either way the car is not worth 11k and less so because your more likely to find a low mileage silver S3 than you are any other colour, law of averages im afraid
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

    Black FZ6 - Turbo car 'slapper'
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

  27. #26
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    430
    fair enough to all those who have commented on the colour, and im willing to listen to offers so the 11k is not set in stone.

    Thanks for the comments.

  28. #27
    A3Tom's Avatar
    Smell my finger.

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Solihull
    Posts
    3,509
    It is nice but 11K is a bit rich for me I think, even if it had the belt done etc.

    Still, its worth whatever someone will pay for it and it looks like a nice car so good luck with the sale.

    T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

  29. #28
    Jacko4130's Avatar
    Goodie Gum Drops

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    mansfield
    Posts
    839
    11k just seems far too much if you ask me, i would think 8.5/9k tops would be a price that it will sell for. Good luck anyway.
    Black S3

  30. #29
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    430
    thanks for the comments. I've had a little interest, but nothing serious

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO