AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Head lamp adjustment for traveling in Europe

Does anyone know if this can be adjusted by yourself?? If so how?? or is it an Audi job because they are Xenons.

Cheers

Mossy

2. # ADS
    ADS

imported_gjrquattro

Re: Head lamp adjustment for traveling in Europe

hey, xenons should have a wee lever inside the headlamp which moves up and down, next to the main beam lamp. PLEASE note that xenons are high voltage, I advise you pull the fues for each headlight as you inspect for this, check by turning the lights on, NO lights you good to go.

2nd Gear

Status

just blind the b a s t a r d s.

1st Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    MOSSY said:

Does anyone know if this can be adjusted by yourself?? If so how?? or is it an Audi job because they are Xenons.

Cheers

Mossy

[/ QUOTE ]

You need VAG-Com or a main dealer

imported_gjrquattro

You can do it your self but take care, see advice above

Neutral

Status

Can you please give me some more info on how to do this. Also which direction do they need to be in???

Cheers

Mossy

1st Gear

Status

Sorry Mossy I did not read the subject right, to adjust the level of xenons you need VAG-Com but to adjust for Europe you take the covers off the battery and washer bottle then remove the cover off the back of the light, then unplug the bulb wiring and you should see a lever at the bottom, switch it over to the other side job done

1st Gear

Status

Heed the warning about the high voltage - you may want to disconnect the battery/take out the fuse first.

First step:
    Remove the plastic covers from above the headlamps so you can get in behind them.

Second step:
    The lever is inside the headlamp assembly, so you will have to remove the black rear covers from the headlamp. These click off and move to one side.

*** Be very careful not to damage the bulb assembly when you remove it, do not force it past the back of the bulb as it may break the self levelling assembly ***.

There isn't much room to play around, so be careful.

Third step:
    The lever is very small, very tinny and doesn't move much and when it does it doesn't make a very positive click. You can find the lever down the side of the bulb assembly by poking your hand in (right hand side as you look down at it). It will be pushed up against one end, simply slide it to the other - can't help you with which direction it will move you'll just have to see. Don't force it and remember it doesn't move far or click very positively.

Suggest you do it in daylight and leave yourself plenty of time before doing it or practice at home - saves you looking a right idiot in the ferry queue. It's very easy once you have done it once.

By the way, I was shown this by my dealer as I wasn't going to drive for the 4 hrs it takes to get to Dover with headlamps the wrong way!