Faulty Viper DV????

JamesA3

Reaction score
I've been getting a lumpy tickover and also intermittent loss of power between 2-3k in first and second, last night when it happened the power dropped and at the same time I heard the DV go like I had lifted off but I hadn't. The fault only started happening after it was remapped and had the DV installed

I was thinking of fitting the N75J what do you think?

get the prob u have at the moment sorted out b4 u fit an n75j mate.

I was hoping that would sort it

only problem is when the dealer had it they gave it me back and told me it was turbo lag /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I suppose I could take it back to AmD

don't have vag-com but the dealer said it wasn't showing any codes

try a standard DV, check your hoses etc. might be a leaky hose.

how long has the dv been on the engine or how many miles - they do need servicing every so often..

the DV was fitted when it was remapped and the problem started within a few weeks of this

i suffered performance problems roughly two weeks after having it remapped, replace the cheap parts first to eliminate those. Leave the MAF till last, N75 and DV are cheap, i would suggest cleaning the MAF with some Electrical contact cleaner before you replace it.

Good luck fella

it was AmD's stage 1

I thought it was the coil packs but when I got the dealer to check it they said it was fine.

is cleaning the MAF easy? also is this fault indicative with a MAF failure?

what I can't work out is why it only happens at certain engine speeds and in low gears.

think I'll give AmD a call

look mate it's hard to tell but i bought a can of electrical contact cleaner and done it myself. It's easy to do and might make a difference. Mine took about an hour cause i sprayed it 3 times and allowed it to evaporate totally before i applied the next dosage.

All AMD will say is bring it back, might not be very convenient. N75 and DV should can be got from the local stealers. I'm going to change these as soon as i can phone the stealers and get them on order. I' doubt my local will have them in stock.

well i did it through the grid first but then i managed with a bit more force to get the sensor out and give it a damn good spray. You still need a torx star screw bit for removal.

[ QUOTE ]
MingBluS3 said:
You still need a torx star screw bit for removal.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need a security type torx bit.

Rich

thank for the help lads /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich what do mean a security torx bit?

I managed to use a standard torx head that i found in my toolbox.

[ QUOTE ]
S3 Mike said:
There is a hole in the middle of the torx/star bit

[/ QUOTE ]

Correcet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

lets hope not as AMD has been quoted as saying the later modela run a 25 5 star torx or torx plus to be totally correct.