Temperature Reading

harps21k

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I changed a few cooling pipes today and refilled the coolant levels.
I ran the car for ages without the cap on. The temperature only went upto 75c and the fan came on and brought it back down to 70c. I thought this was a bit strange. So I took the car for a quick run with the heating on and noticed the temperature drop more and also the heating temperature dropped too. I don't have climate control so can't check the temp on it. Anyone got any ideas. Is it temp sender or thermostat. Thermostat change 2months ago & temp sender change summer last year. A bit early for it to go faulty after a coolant change.

I would have thought it was the temp sender that was at fault as a dodgy thermostat would either stay open (taking the car ages to warm up and even longer for the fan to cut in) or stuck closed (car would soon overheat). The temp sender is the easier one to change too so I would try that first!

Hi the problem was solved by changing both the temp sender & termostat.

I noticed dat after 20 min drive the engine bay pipes were rock solid, the termostat did open as the bottom pipe was hot too. I am a bit worried that the pipes are solid & that they do not burst.

Is it normal for the pipes to be solid when hot?