Centre caps for 17" RS4 original wheels

BobB

Reaction score
I have just recently purchased a set of 4 17" original Audi RS4 style wheels for my A3. I'm over the moon with them (I know most of you would have gone for 18's or bigger!), however one of the metal rings from inside the centre caps is missing. I went to the stealers to buy one but surprise, surprise they said I had to buy the hole cap @ £21.33 (that’s over £85 a set!!!!!)

I have two questions - does any one know where I can buy the metal ring? if not, is there anything else I can use instead?

Cheers
Bob

- I just cant bring myself to give the stealers £21 for a metal ring!!

Just make one out of a thick wire coathanger. It won't be as springy as the originals but it'll do the job, you'll just need to expand it again everytime the cap is removed.

Check eBay. They usually have then for sale. About £25 for the set.

I made a clip out of a coat hanger last night, it worked perfectly!

Cheers AndyMac!!

Don't thank me, thank Blue Peter. Next up, turbo upgrade using sticky black plastic and a toilet roll.

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:
Don't thank me, thank Blue Peter. Next up, turbo upgrade using sticky black plastic and a toilet roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Youd have to use a coke can for the impeller and a garden cane for the impeller shaft. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
AndyMac said:

[/ QUOTE ]

lolll /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif