Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
Results 1 to 31 of 31
  1. #1
    imported_MartinS3
    Guest

    19\'s on an S3???

    OK. I know it can be done, but would be gratefull for some info! Will i need any suspension or ride height changes, does it affect the cars handling/performance etc. etc... any advice would be great, thanks!

  2. # ADS
    ADS
     
  3. #2
    rickparmar's Avatar
    va va voom

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    2,269

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    i think they will fit on straight with no problem,

    wat wheels u gettin

  4. #3
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,506

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    Yes they will fit straight on, no mods needed, just need to stick to the ET35 offset and 235 tyres max for the front. Rears will accomodate 255's, but being a quattro, I'd stick to 235's all round to keep the same rolling radius front and rear. You will definitely lose a bit on performance with the added unsprung weight of the rims. Handling seems to be better with 19's on in the dry, though the tradeoff is rougher ride over the standard 17's. Heres a pic of mine on 19's with standard suspension.

  5. #4
    Grant's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,102

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    Likewise... I can't afford the 19" rubber... 18's for me!

  6. #5
    imported_MartinS3
    Guest

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    Cheers jojo thats been a great help! I think im gonna go for the RS4 wheels, although im unsure now i've seen how good yours looks with something different from the obvious Audi choice. I'll post some pic's once ive decided and got them on the car!

  7. #6
    RichA3Turbo's Avatar
    ...Watching you!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earlsfield, London
    Posts
    5,087

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    [ QUOTE ]
    MartinS3 said:
    Cheers jojo thats been a great help! I think im gonna go for the RS4 wheels, although im unsure now i've seen how good yours looks with something different from the obvious Audi choice. I'll post some pic's once ive decided and got them on the car!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Be a be it different! Different is good! RSTT's are the most common wheel about and are nothing out of the ordinary. When i say out of the ordinary or differnet i dont mean something that'll stick out like a sore thumb.

    Rich [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

  8. #7
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    MartinS3 said:
    Cheers jojo thats been a great help! I think im gonna go for the RS4 wheels, although im unsure now i've seen how good yours looks with something different from the obvious Audi choice. I'll post some pic's once ive decided and got them on the car!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Be a be it different! Different is good! RSTT's are the most common wheel about and are nothing out of the ordinary. When i say out of the ordinary or differnet i dont mean something that'll stick out like a sore thumb.

    Rich [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Get some TSW Venoms! They'd look the biz IMHO! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

  9. #8
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wilmslow Cheshire
    Posts
    336

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    [ QUOTE ]
    DickyS3 said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    RichA3Turbo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    MartinS3 said:
    Cheers jojo thats been a great help! I think im gonna go for the RS4 wheels, although im unsure now i've seen how good yours looks with something different from the obvious Audi choice. I'll post some pic's once ive decided and got them on the car!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Be a be it different! Different is good! RSTT's are the most common wheel about and are nothing out of the ordinary. When i say out of the ordinary or differnet i dont mean something that'll stick out like a sore thumb.

    Rich [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Get some TSW Venoms! They'd look the biz IMHO! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

    On the desk in tears mate !

  10. #9
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Wilmslow Cheshire
    Posts
    336

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    Quick - delete that post - the advice is being taken seriously and its spreading fast ! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]



    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif[/img]

  11. #10
    RichA3Turbo's Avatar
    ...Watching you!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earlsfield, London
    Posts
    5,087

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    Hahahahaha! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif[/img] is right!

    Rich

  12. #11
    imported_MattT
    Guest

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    That is painfull! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif[/img]

  13. #12
    peteA3tdi's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    the rose and crown
    Posts
    406

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    i'll add them to my wish list not!!!

  14. #13
    Mike.M's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    1,569

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    Oh dear............is all I can say about the gold A3, sorry the RS3

  15. #14
    [Dave B]'s Avatar
    Rrrrrrrr-tech

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,987

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    [ QUOTE ]
    S3 Mike said:
    Oh dear............is all I can say about the gold A3, sorry the RS3

    [/ QUOTE ]

    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

  16. #15
    Grant's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,102

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    Laugh it up boys, but this guy has a serious car, regardless of his choice of wheels.

    Interior
    Custom mats
    Momo carbon pedals
    Momo shoulder pads
    Momo 4-point harness
    D&W aluminium shift nob
    D&W aluminium dashboard covers

    Handling/tires/brakes
    Brembo 320mm big brake kit front
    Pagid Yellow brake pads
    Brembo racing discs rear
    Brembo brake pads
    H&R full Asphalt Racing suspension
    H&R anti-roll bar
    D&W sway-bar
    Powerflex Polyurethane bushes (hard)
    Track: TSW Venom 7x17" 225/45-17" Yokohama A032R Hard
    Strip: BFgoodrich Geforce TA drag radial 225/45-17" on the TSW wheels
    Street: ATP Flash 8x18" 225/40-18" Yokohama AVS Sport

    Performance
    Ported Head
    Dr. Schrick cams
    Eagle Rods
    Racing rod-bearings
    Forged pistons
    Turbonetics E50 Super turbo
    Inconel exhaust manifold
    3" Downpipe
    3" Custom exhaust
    Big injectors
    Custom maf-housing
    Blitz SUS power filter
    VDO uprated fuel pump
    16-rows oil-cooler
    custom front-mount Intercooler
    custom engine wishbone mount w/ nylon bush front
    Apexi BOV
    Sachs carbon clutch
    Quaife ATB differensial
    Greddy Profec B
    Greddy Oil temp. meter
    Greddy Oil press. meter
    Autometer A/F meter

    Stereo system
    Sony Head Unit
    Kicker 10" subwoofers
    Macrom 3-way front system
    Stinger 1f condensator
    DLS Ultimate cables
    D&W Amplifier (OEM PowerAcoustik)

    Check out the spec here.

  17. #16
    Mike.M's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    1,569

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    Looks like he has changed the wheels now.......vast improvement!



    450hp to 520hp [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif[/img] ..............chasis would fall apart, as its not designed for that kind of power.

  18. #17
    Leon's Avatar
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    147

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    Here is a picture of the 19" RS4 alloys on my car. No changes were made to the suspension as they will fit straight on. The tyres are 235/35 all round. They cost 1600 direct from Audi and of course the ride is slightly more comprimised, but well worth it in my opinion.

  19. #18
    imported_plexxi
    Guest

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    I have 19" RS6-replicas on my S3 and it works fine.
    They are 8" wide and have ET30. No problems with the space around the wheels.
    Would like to have them even further out towards the edge of the fenders. Thinking of spacers maybe...


  20. #19
    Moderator

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    2,942

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    Now they look nice!

  21. #20
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Clearfield, PA
    Posts
    892

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    ive got the 19" rs6 wheels like martin S but on the new A3...


  22. #21
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,506

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    Very nice Martin S, is your car running on standard suspension or lowered?

  23. #22
    imported_plexxi
    Guest

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    It's still on standard suspension.
    Would look better with 15-20 mm lower springs, but I am very pleased with the ride comfort with this set-up so I think I will keep it as it is..
    Must say Im quite impressed with the S3 Chassis. Even with 19" there is almost no pulling och nervous behaviour on bad road surfaces. My previous S6 (model -95) was really annoying in this aspect running on 18".

  24. #23
    Grant's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    1,102

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    Martin S, are you running 235/35/19 tyres?

    Any problems with tramlining in the wet?

    I am swithering over 18s and 19s!

  25. #24
    imported_plexxi
    Guest

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    Yes, I have Hankook Ventus K104 235/35-19. Quite pleased with those, although the noise is a bit high, but for just over half the price of michelins you can't get everything...
    No problems in wet conditions either.
    You should definitley go for 19" if you feel the price difference is affordable.

  26. #25
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,506

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    Martin S, Agree with you on the S3 chassis and suspension, handles the 19" wheels nicely, much better than the passat on 19's in my sig. Imola, have you had a look at the 18" Porsche 996 turbo's in the MTM 350bhp thread?, VST ONLY wants 2 grand for them [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

  27. #26
    VST
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    11

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    @jojo

    like I said to you on the other thread,price the wheels from Porsche before you question my asking price.
    These are the proper genuine hollow spoke lightweight wheels four x 8x18in which means buying either two sets of secondhand wheels or four new ones(like I did)

    exclusivity costs mate....

  28. #27
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,506

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    [ QUOTE ]
    VST said:
    @jojo

    like I said to you on the other thread,price the wheels from Porsche before you question my asking price.
    These are the proper genuine hollow spoke lightweight wheels four x 8x18in which means buying either two sets of secondhand wheels or four new ones(like I did)

    exclusivity costs mate....

    [/ QUOTE ]

    VST, Was not having a dig at you mate, just know that ImolaS3 was after some Porsche cup (replica)wheels like mine. You're right about exclusivity though, costs an arm and a leg [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], lets see how much I can get for one of my Kidneys on ebay.

  29. #28
    recomdos's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    988

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    [ QUOTE ]
    jojo said:

    VST, Was not having a dig at you mate, just know that ImolaS3 was after some Porsche cup (replica)wheels like mine. You're right about exclusivity though, costs an arm and a leg [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img], lets see how much I can get for one of my Kidneys on ebay.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    less of the kidney jokes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] mine are poorly...........

  30. #29
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    67

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    [ QUOTE ]
    recomdos said:

    less of the kidney jokes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] mine are poorly...........

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Buy JoJo's. simple solution, everyone is happy.

  31. #30
    recomdos's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    988

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    [ QUOTE ]
    EvilTad said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    recomdos said:

    less of the kidney jokes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] mine are poorly...........

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Buy JoJo's. simple solution, everyone is happy.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    lol -must say that made me laff! heh if it was that simple, and I'd need both the feckas, hopefully mine are on the mend, but it's all pretty daunting.....anyway don't wanna harp on bout it and depress every1! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] just all have a beer for me when ya next out! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

  32. #31
    jojo's Avatar
    S3 Drift King!

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Solihull, Midlands
    Posts
    25,506

    Re: 19\'s on an S3???

    [ QUOTE ]
    recomdos said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    EvilTad said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    recomdos said:

    less of the kidney jokes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] mine are poorly...........

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Buy JoJo's. simple solution, everyone is happy.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    lol -must say that made me laff! heh if it was that simple, and I'd need both the feckas, hopefully mine are on the mend, but it's all pretty daunting.....anyway don't wanna harp on bout it and depress every1! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] just all have a beer for me when ya next out! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO