19's on an S3???

I

imported_MartinS3

OK. I know it can be done, but would be gratefull for some info! Will i need any suspension or ride height changes, does it affect the cars handling/performance etc. etc... any advice would be great, thanks!

i think they will fit on straight with no problem,

wat wheels u gettin

Yes they will fit straight on, no mods needed, just need to stick to the ET35 offset and 235 tyres max for the front. Rears will accomodate 255's, but being a quattro, I'd stick to 235's all round to keep the same rolling radius front and rear. You will definitely lose a bit on performance with the added unsprung weight of the rims. Handling seems to be better with 19's on in the dry, though the tradeoff is rougher ride over the standard 17's. Heres a pic of mine on 19's with standard suspension.

Likewise... I can't afford the 19" rubber... 18's for me!

Cheers jojo thats been a great help! I think im gonna go for the RS4 wheels, although im unsure now i've seen how good yours looks with something different from the obvious Audi choice. I'll post some pic's once ive decided and got them on the car!

[ QUOTE ]
MartinS3 said:
Cheers jojo thats been a great help! I think im gonna go for the RS4 wheels, although im unsure now i've seen how good yours looks with something different from the obvious Audi choice. I'll post some pic's once ive decided and got them on the car!

[/ QUOTE ]

Be a be it different! Different is good! RSTT's are the most common wheel about and are nothing out of the ordinary. When i say out of the ordinary or differnet i dont mean something that'll stick out like a sore thumb.

Rich /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
MartinS3 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Be a be it different! Different is good! RSTT's are the most common wheel about and are nothing out of the ordinary. When i say out of the ordinary or differnet i dont mean something that'll stick out like a sore thumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get some TSW Venoms! They'd look the biz IMHO! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
MartinS3 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Get some TSW Venoms! They'd look the biz IMHO! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

On the desk in tears mate !

Quick - delete that post - the advice is being taken seriously and its spreading fast ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

469131_1_full.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

Hahahahaha! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif is right!

Rich

That is painfull! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif

Oh dear............is all I can say about the gold A3, sorry the RS3

[ QUOTE ]
S3 Mike said:
Oh dear............is all I can say about the gold A3, sorry the RS3

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Laugh it up boys, but this guy has a serious car, regardless of his choice of wheels.

Interior
Custom mats
Momo carbon pedals
Momo shoulder pads
Momo 4-point harness
D&W aluminium shift nob
D&W aluminium dashboard covers

Handling/tires/brakes
Brembo 320mm big brake kit front
Pagid Yellow brake pads
Brembo racing discs rear
Brembo brake pads
H&R full Asphalt Racing suspension
H&R anti-roll bar
D&W sway-bar
Powerflex Polyurethane bushes (hard)
Track: TSW Venom 7x17" 225/45-17" Yokohama A032R Hard
Strip: BFgoodrich Geforce TA drag radial 225/45-17" on the TSW wheels
Street: ATP Flash 8x18" 225/40-18" Yokohama AVS Sport

Performance
Ported Head
Dr. Schrick cams
Eagle Rods
Racing rod-bearings
Forged pistons
Turbonetics E50 Super turbo
Inconel exhaust manifold
3" Downpipe
3" Custom exhaust
Big injectors
Custom maf-housing
Blitz SUS power filter
VDO uprated fuel pump
16-rows oil-cooler
custom front-mount Intercooler
custom engine wishbone mount w/ nylon bush front
Apexi BOV
Sachs carbon clutch
Quaife ATB differensial
Greddy Profec B
Greddy Oil temp. meter
Greddy Oil press. meter
Autometer A/F meter

Stereo system
Sony Head Unit
Kicker 10" subwoofers
Macrom 3-way front system
Stinger 1f condensator
DLS Ultimate cables
D&W Amplifier (OEM PowerAcoustik)

Check out the spec here.

Looks like he has changed the wheels now.......vast improvement!

469131_3_full.jpg

450hp to 520hp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked2.gif ..............chasis would fall apart, as its not designed for that kind of power.

Here is a picture of the 19" RS4 alloys on my car. No changes were made to the suspension as they will fit straight on. The tyres are 235/35 all round. They cost £1600 direct from Audi and of course the ride is slightly more comprimised, but well worth it in my opinion.

I have 19" RS6-replicas on my S3 and it works fine.
They are 8" wide and have ET30. No problems with the space around the wheels.
Would like to have them even further out towards the edge of the fenders. Thinking of spacers maybe...

It's still on standard suspension.
Would look better with 15-20 mm lower springs, but I am very pleased with the ride comfort with this set-up so I think I will keep it as it is..
Must say Im quite impressed with the S3 Chassis. Even with 19" there is almost no pulling och nervous behaviour on bad road surfaces. My previous S6 (model -95) was really annoying in this aspect running on 18".

Martin S, are you running 235/35/19 tyres?

Any problems with tramlining in the wet?

I am swithering over 18s and 19s!

Yes, I have Hankook Ventus K104 235/35-19. Quite pleased with those, although the noise is a bit high, but for just over half the price of michelins you can't get everything...
No problems in wet conditions either.
You should definitley go for 19" if you feel the price difference is affordable.

Martin S, Agree with you on the S3 chassis and suspension, handles the 19" wheels nicely, much better than the passat on 19's in my sig. Imola, have you had a look at the 18" Porsche 996 turbo's in the MTM 350bhp thread?, VST ONLY wants 2 grand for them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

@jojo

like I said to you on the other thread,price the wheels from Porsche before you question my asking price.
These are the proper genuine hollow spoke lightweight wheels four x 8x18in which means buying either two sets of secondhand wheels or four new ones(like I did)

exclusivity costs mate....

[ QUOTE ]
VST said:
@jojo

like I said to you on the other thread,price the wheels from Porsche before you question my asking price.
These are the proper genuine hollow spoke lightweight wheels four x 8x18in which means buying either two sets of secondhand wheels or four new ones(like I did)

exclusivity costs mate....

[/ QUOTE ]

VST, Was not having a dig at you mate, just know that ImolaS3 was after some Porsche cup (replica)wheels like mine. You're right about exclusivity though, costs an arm and a leg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif, lets see how much I can get for one of my Kidneys on ebay.

[ QUOTE ]
jojo said:

VST, Was not having a dig at you mate, just know that ImolaS3 was after some Porsche cup (replica)wheels like mine. You're right about exclusivity though, costs an arm and a leg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif, lets see how much I can get for one of my Kidneys on ebay.

[/ QUOTE ]

less of the kidney jokes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif mine are poorly...........

[ QUOTE ]
recomdos said:

less of the kidney jokes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif mine are poorly...........

[/ QUOTE ]

Buy JoJo's. simple solution, everyone is happy.

[ QUOTE ]
EvilTad said:
[ QUOTE ]
recomdos said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol -must say that made me laff! heh if it was that simple, and I'd need both the feckas, hopefully mine are on the mend, but it's all pretty daunting.....anyway don't wanna harp on bout it and depress every1! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif just all have a beer for me when ya next out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
recomdos said:
[ QUOTE ]
EvilTad said:
[ QUOTE ]
recomdos said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol -must say that made me laff! heh if it was that simple, and I'd need both the feckas, hopefully mine are on the mend, but it's all pretty daunting.....anyway don't wanna harp on bout it and depress every1! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif just all have a beer for me when ya next out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif