Broke Dipstick Tube-Now oil all over

Dani_B19

Audi-sports own special child.
Reaction score
So i posted the over day saying id had the thermostat changed and this resulted in the dipstick being broke, i know its common but the mechanic said "the dipstick tube broke during the swap but when i serviced it i forgot to tell you it was already broke" that was it, didn't give it much thought, fast forward today. I went had alook for myself how bad it was, its completly snapped off at the base and having a closer look the entire surrounding area is covered in oil, some new but some quite old and built up, couldnt believe the f***ing things been leaking but what ****** me off most is he didnt tell me when he serviced it. Ok rant over haha

Thats the thing though he isnt, hes probly the best mechanic ive used and he doesnt over charge or give the usual bulls**t most do, i think thats whats p***ed me off most

Get your self to lidls, buy some engine cleaner at £1.29, fit new tube, clean engine, rinse off with watering can or light hose. Job done mate

easy enough to fit mate, long nose pliers to get the old base off etc...plenty of threads on it

id be annoyed too..... if you dont have any luck with the engine cleaner i can highly recommend Bilton hamber suffix... water based degreaser, absolutely top stuff, you'll have to mail order though

or yeah not bovered about replacing it its just the fact of whats happened thats all, new dipstick tube tomoz and then the clean up haha