Monster MotorsportBadger5
    4th Gear

Status

Question front ARB bushes quick question?

Can theses bushes be done in situ? Is it worth replacing the collars if they have no splits etc and are in good condition?

cheers ppl
    2002 225 S3, metallic black, REVO, 18" RSTT alloys, goodyear Eagle F1s, silver leather heated seats, tinted windows, H&R spacers, black diamond grooved discs & Ferrodo DS2500 pads, BOSE system, xenons, forge DV, samco TIP & upper boost hoses.

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    anyone?
    2002 225 S3, metallic black, REVO, 18" RSTT alloys, goodyear Eagle F1s, silver leather heated seats, tinted windows, H&R spacers, black diamond grooved discs & Ferrodo DS2500 pads, BOSE system, xenons, forge DV, samco TIP & upper boost hoses.

4th Gear

Status
    Iv sorted it, slow down with the replies !

thanks for the advice guys

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    your very very welcome..... what conclusion did you reach?
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Between the 1st and 3rd post, there was a 7 hour gap, though you did ask again in your 2nd post, so maybe it took you 5 hours to do the job?

To be fair, the forum was a bit quiet yesterday, probably because the weather is warmer, everyone decided to go out and have a night out than stay in a browse through the forum.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by campbell View Post
    Iv sorted it, slow down with the replies !

thanks for the advice guys
    LOL
    ^^ In my opinion

4th Gear

Status
    unlike you i was on a 12hour shift at work, if i had my choice i would of been elsewhere!

No it didnt take 5hours. It literally took me an hour to change the bushes, the knocking has gone. The bushes weren`t holding the bar in place so it slid to the right hand side (drivers side) and was catching on the back of the brake caliper. In the next few thousand miles i think i need a new ARB, does anyone know how much these are from stealers from the top of their head?

Over the last few weeks i have put one or two posts up and hardly anyone has replied, maybe the forum is not what it is used to be which is a shame

S3 Drift King!

Status

Over the last few weeks i have put one or two posts up and hardly anyone has replied, maybe the forum is not what it is used to be which is a shame
    High expectations? I personally think that asking for free advice requires a bit of patience on your part. I applaud that you got it done in the end by yourself, I would have offered advice myself had I known the answer... unfortunately I didn't. Those that did obviously chose to have a day out in the rare sunshine we are having instead of waiting for questions to spring up that they can answer on this forum. There was no shame at all mate, you just chose the wrong time to post the question, and on a good day, these get answered promptly, on another day, it can take a few days for questions to be answered.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

4th Gear

Status
    iv been a member on here for 3 years and in the past ( in conditions such as: rain, sleet, snow, sunshine, storms, spitting rain, heatwave, hurricane, floods, tidalwave, tsunami, tornado etc etc) i have always had a prompt reply. Just my personal opinion...which iv seen from other posts you can get slaughtered/taunted/mocked for.

thanks again for all the replies guys! Come on....please stop the responses its just too much....the job has been completed

thats me

Status
    well I was away for the weekend.........

but yes they can but I don`t think the sleves are replaceable, best thing is to swap to R32 ARB`s.
    red to red black to black blue to bits

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status

thanks again for all the replies guys! Come on....please stop the responses its just too much....the job has been completed

exactly, as you said yourself, the site was not like that before;

too much sarcasm these days. It never used to be be like that when i first joined...don't you think?
    Last edited by abdus; 23rd March 2009 at 18:30.
    ^^ In my opinion

4th Gear

Status
    i think my sarcasm was called for and was meant in good jest. I think the forums are not like they used to be but still very informative.

My bushes held for one day, when i changed them i noticed the plastic sleeves on the ARB (which the bush fits over) was perished and cracked. Anyway, this has led to a very annoying creak from the front suspension over any road surface. So i have ordered a new ARB from Audi at 76quid (so not too bad)

thats me

Status
    if your doing the ARB I would have ordered a R32 one as they dont have the sleve so wouldn`t go again. they drive like the std Arb just less body roll.

4th Gear

Status
    Cheers Fingermouse, Would the golf dealership be the best place to buy an R32 ARB?
    Think Audi wouldnt be please if i cancelled that order now lol

4th Gear

Status
    If any has got a R32 front ARB part number that would be superb. just spoke to VW, he said i need more info because there is loads of different ARBs

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    R32 Front ARB
    1J0 411 305 AF - 23mm Arb

R32 Rear ARB
    1J0 511 409K - 19mm ARB
    ^^ In my opinion

4th Gear

Status
    is there any point getting the front R32 ARB if im keeping the back standard, do you know??

thats me

Status
    you will need to do both to keep the balance right.

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    you will have to lower the subfame to replace the front arb and id definantly recomend upgrading if your going to the effort of replaceing it anyway the rear ones easy to replace you just have to lower the rear exhaust section so for the cost id replace it, as said above will keep the balance right

4th Gear

Status
    ok cheers guys. If i buy both R32 ARBs will i need the relevant bushes for them or can i use the originals (seeing my front ones are brand new)?

Will they will safe/ok on standard suspension?

thanks in advance

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    you will need the r32 bushes im unsure wether you need the clamps aswell the arb is bigger on the r32 so your s3 bush wont fit around the bar

thats me

Status
    I think the bushes were the same on the R32 and the S3 arb`s , the dealer can tell you but im 99% sure they are the same hence why the S3 ARB is sleeved

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by abdus View Post
    R32 Front ARB
    1J0 411 305 AF - 23mm Arb

R32 Rear ARB
    1J0 511 409K - 19mm ARB

Learning all the time from this forum, wanna thanks everybody for that! And replies can take some time...but in the end there's always a reply!

But regarding the ARB's for the R32...thinking of going that route myself (changing both front and rear to get the balance right) but haven't really thought about the VW ones...How will they do compared to say Neuspeed?

Since were at it and I'm already stealing this thread, what are standard ARB sizes on 2001 S3 (AMK)? I know it's probably to be found in another thread but hey...I'm lazy too.

Cheers, and sorry for hijacking!!
    Last edited by Dennis Moeller; 24th March 2009 at 21:12.
    My old car.. Still miss the lil rocket :-)

Remapped Stage II - Forge FMIC - Dahlb�ck Intake - K&N - DieselGeek ShortShift - Phenolic - Powerflex Dogbone - Rial Daytona Race 8.5x18" ET30 - Forge Tiebars - Bilstein B8 - H&R 25mm - R32 rear ARB - H&R 20mm Spacers - EBC Discs - Red Stuff pads

2nd Gear

Status
    Ok, I've found out. 19/15mm standard ARB...
    My old car.. Still miss the lil rocket :-)

Remapped Stage II - Forge FMIC - Dahlb�ck Intake - K&N - DieselGeek ShortShift - Phenolic - Powerflex Dogbone - Rial Daytona Race 8.5x18" ET30 - Forge Tiebars - Bilstein B8 - H&R 25mm - R32 rear ARB - H&R 20mm Spacers - EBC Discs - Red Stuff pads

4th Gear

Status
    Incase anyone is interested for future reference, the R32 ARBs cost:

front 23 mm 139 plus VAT
    rear 19mm 59 plus VAT

thats me

Status
    did you ask for discount ??? most times they will knock at least 10% off

4th Gear

Status
    The above part numbers for the R32 ARBs, are they the only ARBs that will fit the S3?

I have tried sourcing some because they are too dear from the dealer but i have come across two sets of ARBs but they dont match the above part numbers!!!???

Anyone shed any light, cheers

4th Gear

Status
    Sorry to bring up an old thread, the VW R32 part numbers for the ARBs i have just phoned up VW and they said that the front part number is either 19mm or 21mm-when i was expecting 23mm!!????
    Can anyone please shed some light on this, are the above part numbers correct for the upgrade of R32 ARBs before i order them?

cheers

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    ^^ In my opinion

4th Gear

Status
    Thanks very much, your a star Abdus