High Mileage 1.8T Quattro Help Please

I

imported_allisons

Looking at buying a 1.8T Quattro and have seen a clean, fully loaded example on a W plate.

Only issue I've got is its got 112k miles on the clock. I've run a high milage BM before and had no issues but am looking for a bit of advice from more knowledgeable 'Audiphiles'!

Main worry I have is turbo issues, which I've heard can rear their head between 110k and 120k.

The car has a full main dealer history.

Thanks in advance! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

Had my turbo swapped for IHI at approx. 65Kmiles just for performance-gain. But the original (K04) still did run perfect and had no problems at all (kept it for emergency). So a 112K should be no problem I think. But you never know how the engine/ turbo is treated if you buy it 2ndh. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yup, bit blind on the general use front. Have to judge on overall condition. Any major mechanical issues to watch for?

Can see a trip to AmD coming up if I like the look of it Thursday - as long as it all looks sound.

Ted,

I had a A3T which had 98K on the clock when I sold it and the turbo was nether loud or smokey. Great car so can really see any problems even though it a Q (180bhp).

I would check that the Haldex oil has been changed as this can easily be over looked as is not part of the regular service schedual.

Hope this helps!