Anyone got a spare window regualor clip?

fran-s3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Think mines up the duff as my window isn't working, can hear a 'click' think it's the motor but no movement at all... Took the door card of recently but it worked when I put it back together?! Read on here clips are likely to be culprit.. Anyone know how much they are or a part no...

Cheers

Cheers mate that's great.... Can putting on the door card wrong effect it somehow cause an obstruction maybe? Just seems fllukey that I took the door card off that door not so long ago... Didn't hear a snap of any clip and theres no rattle...

I don't think so. When one of mine went, it just stopped going up and that was it. New clips from Audi/VW and all sorted.

Fitting them is a bit fiddly.

Gavin

Well that was a wierd experience yesterday! Took the door card off and the clips were fine?! Thought oh pants it's the motor then surely... Tried it and it made a clicking noise twice whenever u tried to open or close it. It was kind of as if it was stopping itself like a fail safe or something ... (three was no window movement at all)

Anyway I cut the cable tie and thought I'll try and unplugging the motor and trying it to make sure it's the motor making the clicking noise... Which it was as no clicks...Plugged it back in and it ONLY FLIPPING STARTED WORKING AGAIN?! WHat the hell???? Works perfectly now just by unplugging it fromt he motor and plugging it back in again, couldn't believe it?! Could I of cleared some sort of fault or something? Contacts were all fine...

Anyway im not gonna think about it to much put it all back together and it seems fine now, maybe it's a dodgy motor! I greased the spring while i was there as it seems mega stiff, maybe there was to much pressure and it caused it to go into failssafe or something?! Bizzare, but it's working again LOL! So glad the clips are ok didn't fancy that job!

Mine does that every so often, ie. doesn't open. Have a routine of removing the door card and unscrewing the 3 motor mount screws which releases the tension in the wires. Tighten it all back up again and its fine for a few months. Wierd!

LOL bizzare! I just have to remove the plug and put it back on hopefully if it happens again... Motors are quite renown for failing apparently!

Hi ,

This could be the motor had the same problem made the clicking noise and the motor didnt do anything swapped over and works fine .