ESP light: HELP!

t30gue

Reaction score
Got a 2000 'W' S3, managed to get hold of the newer facelift model steering wheel. Since changing it over have had the dashboard ESP light on. Has anyone here changed to a later wheel? Did you encounter this problem? Or have I made a silly mistake? Is this wheel is compatible with my model car?
Please help as light is starting to get on my nerves! I don't want to take it to the Stealer to sort!
Thanks.

Don't know what code is. I was told that the vagcom detected the fault, but no code was given???? I don't know if that makes any sense to you. I'm not that up on this kit.

Does anyone know if the later wheel is def compatible with earlier cars??

My esp light came on with my n75 valve problem. Does it go off when you switch off and on, ie reset?

Chris,

You said that your car seemed down on power also, I think the n75 would cause this (Correct me if I am wrong guys).

Isn't there an ESP sensor in the wheel that detects it's position?? If it were bad or not wired in correctly, an ESP fault would result /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
Isn't there an ESP sensor in the wheel that detects it's position?? If it were bad or not wired in correctly, an ESP fault would result /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that the sensor in the Swheel was set lower down, nearer the indicator stalks (2 plastic coils that pass over each other to detect position - its these that caused my "clicking" problem on steering).
Possible though to have disconnected part of this ESP sensor setup when changing Swheel, might be the reason for givin a fault code on trhe VAGCOM?!? i.e. nothing to detect?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

If you have upset the steering angle sensor when fitting the wheel it needs to be re-programed. Can only be done at the dealer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dealer it is then! Whats this about the n75??? or rather what is the n75, and how do I reset this? as car feels slower, or held back (if this makes sense)
Perhaps I have 2 faults.....great!!!

Everything fine now! Steering angle sensor was broken/Damaged when I swapped the wheel?? Can't think how I done this,as I was very careful, but stealer fitted new one and everything is great again! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Warning: be careful with this as replacement part is £160 + the tw#t!(VAT)
How nice it was of the Dealer to have one on the shelf!

Thanks for help guys!