AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    BBP

Status

New Throttle Body?!

Right, so I posted a thread last week regarding the dodgy idling and temp issues. Well I've had the car in the garage and they've replaced the thermo and temp sender which has sorted the temperature issue. It stays at 90 constantly once warmed up now. Hopefully I'll see an improvement in economy, as it was appauling before.

But the bad news is that this hasn't sorted the idle out. Apparently the throttle body needs replacing. I've been told its an electronic throttle body and I've been quoted 400 for the job!! (not dealer!)

Does this sound right to you guys? I thought that the throttle body could be cleaned and re-aligned which can resolve the issue? Any help and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Bhav

17" BBS RS Reps, JOM Coilovers, TT ARB, Facelift Front & Rear Lights, Aero wipers, LEDs all round, 6000K HIDs, Blacked out Grill & Rings, De-wipered,
    12" 1000w FliTrap Sub, Colour Coded Lowers & Skirts...

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    It can be cleaned, im interested in this as i want mine done soon, might be worth trying it first, than paying for a new tb, there is a link here read through the thred, there is is a clicky to another thread with a guide to cleaning a tb, hope this might help mate,

http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread....e+body+cleaned
    Last edited by S3-Oski; 19th March 2009 at 20:26.
    2001, Ming Blue, Aluminium Mirrors, Revo!, Bose, Parking sensors, Sunroof,

2nd Gear

Status
    i have one in my garage as i have a r32 one on now you can buy off me?? pm me if intrested

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    the throttle body can be reset so worth cleaning and resetting before changing

BBP

Status
    I'm gonna clean it next weekend. Worth trying as you've all said. If it doesn't make a difference then I'll be in touch Jim! Cheers for the advice fellas.

17" BBS RS Reps, JOM Coilovers, TT ARB, Facelift Front & Rear Lights, Aero wipers, LEDs all round, 6000K HIDs, Blacked out Grill & Rings, De-wipered,
    12" 1000w FliTrap Sub, Colour Coded Lowers & Skirts...