Possible GB on Phillips Bulbs

Speedo

Reaction score
This is just a taster, would anyone be up for a GB on Phillips/Osram bulbs for their cars?? Picked up some bargains at the motorshow (all those weeks back) and spoke with someone regarding a GB and possible discounts. Depending on numbers we could get a good deal. You can check out the website www.care4car.com. Let me know who would be up for it and i can get back to them and see what they can do for us - once again the more the better. Ive just fitted in a set of Phillip Vision Blue and a set of Silvatec indicators. They look ok, but need to give them a test at night!!

Just bought the philips bulbs last week.. so its come a little late for me .. but I can recommend tho /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

r u talking about the head lights or the parking lights ?

Whats the price and u got n e pics?

Hi all,

I'm with cybrey, a month or so ago I changed the sidelight, dipped and main beam bulbs on my '98 A3 with Philips BlueVision and I had put Philips SilverVision indicator bulbs in...

I'd had a quick look around on the net for information regarding bulbs and such because I decided I'd see if there was anything I could do about the somewhat 'yellowed' factory lighting my A3 had... I think I found a review on AutoExpress' site or somewhere like that, they did a group test on a selection of bulbs and recommended products based on a few different criteria; I can't remember what the recommendation was for absolute maximum brightness, but if you're after a white beam as close to Xenon as you can get without spending triple-figures on your lights, they said Philips BlueVision are the daddy...

Sure enough, I've been really impressed with the BlueVisions, they're really bright and burn a really really lovely white /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I must say for those of you hoping for an improvement to your sidelight beams, you're in for the best surprise! ...The BlueVisions do improve the overall brightness of your lighting, as well as giving a superb hue; but this is easily most noticable on the sidelights... they actually look like lights with a purpose, rather than a 99p torch with half-flat 50p batteries /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Unfortunately I was less impressed with the SilverVision indicators, they are a definate improvement on stock, but as they're not totally silver when they're un-lit (they are kind of peach/silver pearlescent) you still suffer a bit of an orange look when you peer into the lenses from certain angles... This is most evident if you face them head-on, as the reflector at the back of the indicator unit appears really orange /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I later bought some side-repeater lenses and Silvatec bulbs to go in them, and my order got a little mis-communicated, so I ended up with everything I needed plus a set of Silvatec front indicator bulbs; once I saw them in the paket I felt compelled to give them a try... I've still not found a 100% bottom-line on the MOT-pass question as far as the Silvatec ones are concerned, but there are enough places selling them as road legal. The MOT thing is all down to the individual I would've thought anyway, but as far as effectiveness of removing orange from the front of your beautiful VAGmobile is concerned, they certainly do the job. There is _NO_ orange left.

So all in all guys, if you fancy a reasonably inexpensive upgrade to the looks of your headlights, I say jump in on this group buy - ESPECIALLY those of you who think your sidelights are a bit lame at present!

Whatever you do don't do what I did though.... I ordered a pair of H1s, a pair of H7s and a pair of sidelights, not knowing that Philips kindly included a pair of BlueVision sidelights in both the H1 and H7 packages. Still, I've got a mate with a Scooby who got a nice free sidelight upgrade out of it!

Anyway, sorry to have waffled on so much about light bulbs, but I just thought some of you might find the feedback useful - apologies again if I'm wrong about that! heheh

Take it easy folks,

Rob.