MAF readings after remap

Westy

Reaction score
I ran my first VAGCOM scan since my remap on Saturday to find that I had the "Mass Air Flow Sensor signal too high" error. I read that on a mapped car the MAF reading should be between 2-4 on warm idle and about 170 on an open throttle.

This morning on my way to work I did the MAF logging on VAG and got 201 with an open throttle! Is this ok or too high? I cleared the error before my logging and it hasn't come back yet.

A remapped S3 should be around the 205ish mark...201 is very respectable

whenever I check my car for fault codes, the maf signal to high always comes up, I don't know why...the car still seems to run fine so now Ijust tend to ignore it...if you do ever find out what triggers I'd be interested to know...

I had a custom map and they re scaled my MAF readings, so although if you log it you get readings of 170gs i still put out around 240bhp according to the last Rolling road i went on.

Our A3 1.8tqs doesnt trigger it either, so not much help really am i ???:undwech:

I ran my first VAGCOM scan since my remap on Saturday to find that I had the "Mass Air Flow Sensor signal too high" error. I read that on a mapped car the MAF reading should be between 2-4 on warm idle and about 170 on an open throttle.

This morning on my way to work I did the MAF logging on VAG and got 201 with an open throttle! Is this ok or too high? I cleared the error before my logging and it hasn't come back yet.

Where did you get your remap done? I would have been hoping for a bit more than that.

Westle, I've got the same map and logged 220g/s on my last run, although usually its 210 to 212g/s.

freegeek - totally forgot to send you those logs, shall do it now, soz