Badger5JMB Retrofits
    5th Gear

Status

DV's a little help please

I dare say it's been mentioned many times before but i'm strugling to find my answer via the search function...

What are the real world advantages of fitting a forge recirc dump valve ?? i know the oem's are prone to leaks but other than that it won't make me any more power will it ?? i'm hopeless when it comes to turbo engines and i just can't quite get my head round why someone would wanna fork out 80 for something that the oem version does just aswell for a fraction of the cost.... i'm an engineer so all i need is mechanical explination of why it's a good investment

regards Mark
    1999 A3 Quattro 1.8T Pics >>HERE
    2002 A4 Avant quattro 1.9 TDi

2. # ADS
    ADS

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    The forge DV/recirc valve has a metal piston in it whereas the standard valve uses a rubber diaphram which are prone to splitting. You wont see any more power and there are a lot of owners on here running the standard valve with a remap without a problem. It really just depends on whether you want to replace the standard valve whenever the diaphram splits or spend the 80 for the forge vavle which should last longer.

My car had a forge valve when I bought it so I cant comment on the standard valve but I have had turbo cars before running DVs with rubber diaphrams that would regularly split. Personally if I was you i'd keep the standard valve unless it was causing you problems.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

s3 tys

Status
    well have just gone for the forge splitter r valve my self is more expensive but gives audio sound off like a blow off valve plus is realiable and adjustable for the boost so if ya plannin a remap got told this would be better but many on hear say dont like the dump valve sound but sounds fine to me lol not to chavy

Stage2'd!!!!!!

Status
    the splitR valve isnt chavvy at all its not like a proper dump valve i like the subtle sound of my splitR, think people are to quick to slate it when they havent heared one

s3 tys

Status
    i agree like the sound my splitter r makes to