AH FabricationsChris Nott

Thread: TDI tuning....

Neutral

Status

TDI tuning....

as title really, whos done it what have you done how much did it cost and was it worth it???????

not expecting many replies as iv not seen many mentions of the torquey tdi on here...

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Didnt think so as this seems to be audi-s3.net

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Steady dude, you are asking for a flaming with that statement...

True, most peeps here have petrol cars but there are a few threads about regarding TDi tuning. Also, try the tuner forums in the site sponsor section and of course the Diesel forum (http://audi-sport.net/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=28)

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Neutral

Status
    I used to drive a modded TDI. What engine do you have, and what numbers are you aiming for?

Neutral

Status
    its the 1.9 130bhp... im not after any specific output figure im just interested in what people have done and what works.
    flame away lol

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Easy easy!!!

Have you tried searching as there are a few oil burners on here that have done a few bits n bobs on there cars to make them better.

As a starting point the cheapest and easiest way of getting some quick and instant power would be a remap.

There are plenty of companies and plenty of feedback on them, have a look and decide which you want to go for...that should put a smile on your face!!

Apart from that work on the looks side of things, many improvements can be made.

Good luck.

Neutral

Status
    EVRY-mod still works on these engines, right?
    Get a remap, and if that's not enough, start hunting after the pd150 turbo.

4th Gear

Status
    Hi
    Mapping a 130PD can take it up to approx 170ish and we have seen 180 on a MK4 Golf
    I have a 100PD and mine has been mapped to 141 and detuned slightly for better fuel economy
    I get approx 68MPG out of my little Fabia now too
    Great fun via a map
    Do a panel filter with it too , this gives better breathability
    Sarah

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeSarah View Post
    Hi
    Mapping a 130PD can take it up to approx 170ish and we have seen 180 on a MK4 Golf
    I have a 100PD and mine has been mapped to 141 and detuned slightly for better fuel economy
    I get approx 68MPG out of my little Fabia now too
    Great fun via a map
    Do a panel filter with it too , this gives better breathability
    Sarah
    where did you get yours mapped, and what sort of panel filter are you using?... is there any use in modifying the air box, smoothing etc?

Diesel Power

Status
    i bought a second hand tunit chip from ebay for about 120ish. put my A3 TDI quattro up to about 160 on the top setting. be careful though because they do like to eat up the clutch, i tend to keep mine on a middle setting so the clutch doesnt slip.
    A3 TDI Quattro

Reverse Gear

Status
    We have done a PD130 Mk4 Golf fitted with turbo back exhaust, intake, intercooler, hybrid turbo and custom software and it made 222BHP and went like stink. The customer has two mates one with a civic tye R and the other with a scooby WRX and neither car can keep with him from a standing start to 100mph. he is now after us doing a roller bearing conversion with nitrous to try and hit the 300 mark. All is possible it just depends how deep your pockets are and how much driveability you require.

5th Gear

Status
    Try reading this post:

It's the write up I did after having my old TDI 130 mapped

Remap Write Up
    S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8's & Eibach Springs, Neuspeed ARB's (22mm front & 19mm rear).

Badger 5's Machined Discs with DS2500 pads & HEL braided lines.

2nd Gear

Status
    just had my 110hp tdi non PD chipped last week at a guess its upto 135hp-140hp it goes far nicer and smoother and does more mpg easily.... really recommend it!

i will be looking into a exhaust system in the future to free up some more horses but if anyone knows anything else that can be done thats safe and wont effect reliablity then that would be great as its nice now but i think and extra 10-20hp would make it PERFECT!

Ad

Neutral

Status
    I own a real tuned TDI about 220 bhp, see my signature below.

With a good remap in a 1.9 tdi 130bhp, you will get around 175-180 bhp and 400-420 Nm with a strong remap (reliable).
    2002 A3 1.9 TDi QUATTRO S-LINE AVUS SILVER with full OEM Bodykit

Neutral

Status
    cheers for the replies, just the decision on who to do it and how far to go with the mods rely. any one got any views on panel filters?
    mike - brilliant write up dude very informative and has pushed me closer to getting it mapped now.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dstructiv View Post
    cheers for the replies, just the decision on who to do it and how far to go with the mods rely. any one got any views on panel filters?
    mike - brilliant write up dude very informative and has pushed me closer to getting it mapped now.
    Not a problem mate - I was in the same position as you were (albeit 2+ years ago now)

I ended up geting a piercross panel filter for my TDI - I can't say i noticed any difference in performance (perhaps a little more noise from the turbo) but I did fit it after the map.

The general view here is that the paper filters will provide more than enough airflow for 350hp+ on th 1.8 turbo's and only cost 15 ish anyway.

Maybe a cold air feed would be worth looking into instead of the different panel filter?
    S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8's & Eibach Springs, Neuspeed ARB's (22mm front & 19mm rear).

Badger 5's Machined Discs with DS2500 pads & HEL braided lines.

Neutral

Status
    After many tests & vagcom logs with different panel filters. I keep on using oem filter and box, with a custom snorkel.

2002 A3 1.9 TDi QUATTRO S-LINE AVUS SILVER with full OEM Bodykit